Chapter 16

Joshua

It's been nearly seventy-two hours since Isabella had been kidnapped and still we've heard or seen nothing, leaving us with no leads what so ever to where she was. At this point, I didn't know whether it was worse knowing who had her or not.

Every passing second felt like an hour and there was literally nothing I could do. The children knew something was up but as hard as I am trying not to fall apart in front of them, I am slowly losing control of myself.

With all my contacts as well as Paul's and especially Jacks you would've thought we would have found Isabella by now or even heard something but here I am I sitting in my office calling everyone I know for help. So far, I have roughly a hundred men out looking and that's without everyone Lisa Elle, Paul and Jack have got out searching too.

I know in my heart Audrey hasn't killed Isabella as that would be too easy for her. Audrey has a reputation out on the streets as the slow torturing kind of girl and right now I just hoped and prayed that she wasn't going to change her ways now. As much as it killed me knowing Isabella is out there being tortured, it gave me reassurance that I still had a chance to find her and make everything ok again. I could fix her, I know I could. We got through it before, we could get through it again, and all I had to do is find her! How was the problem because everyone seems to be staying tight-mouthed as if they were too scared to say a word but now I wasn't going to say 'thanks' NO now I wasn't going to take their silence or sorry I don't know anything! I was going to start torturing people myself unless I got some answers. On that thought, I stopped pacing and grabbed my keys. I've done enough sitting around and moping; now I'm going hunting. Just as I reached the door Jack and Paul were already there waiting as if they had read my thoughts.

"About bloody time lets go," Paul said as the man hugged me before pushing me out the door with them close on my heels.

"OK where too first?" Paul asked but before I could answer him Jack cut in "I know where but it isn't going to be pretty. So you better call all your backups and tell them to meet us downtown. We're going to hit the main druggie's hangout unit first."

"But we've already asked the druggies," I said feeling frustrated already. "No, I mean downtown druggies the ones that work for the biggest gang leader, Audrey's daddy's gang." His words made me want to vomit. I couldn't even think of Isabella being with them let alone hear it out loud. I'd been so angry at Audrey I hadn't even thought of her father. My heart sank, as my blood turned to what only felt like ice as bile rose in my mouth.

For now, I just had to blank my over thinking out and pray that Audrey had Isabella and not her father. I had heard of her father and there isn't a thing on this earth he wasn't into. Trafficking being his first, mumbling every swear word that came to mind Paul slapped me.

"It's ok we're going to get her back Josh even if it kills us trying you hear that! We are going to find her." Even though I knew he didn't know that for certain and he was just trying to reassure me but in all honesty, it was helping. Taking a deep breath I tried to block everything out so I could get my head in gear. Pulling out my cell phone I began writing a text to send to all my contacts as well as forwarding them all the address that Jack had just sent me.

At least an hour had passed and I was ready to lose it when I spotted a huge metal run-down building poking out between the trees. It was well hidden, I'd give them that. It was as if no one was here but that didn't mean they couldn't see us approaching. I could tell just from the sight of the place this was no amateur set up.

"OK you have to listen and I mean LISTEN," Jack said as if our lives depended on it and by the look on his face our lives did. Nodding our heads Paul and I both looked at Jack ready for what he was about to say.