Chapter 3

"Hi, Kanan," Hera greeted. "Did everything go alright? Oh, hello?" She said, when she noticed the hooded man walking on board, and looked questioningly at Kanan.

"Hera, this is…"

"Reddie. I am Reddie." The Stranger spoke. Hera raised her eyebrow sceptically because the name just didn't suit the muscular man with such a deep voice.

"Reddie?" She asked; voice full of irony.

"It's a nickname I was given." Stranger said as if he was called Reddie his whole life. Sabine smiled, feeling proud of herself.

"OK. And why are you here?"

"I was hoping you could give me a ride away from this planet. I already told your friend you can name your price." Reddie explained.

"Where do you want to go?" Hera asked.

"Anywhere in the Outer Rim system. I do not have a preference right now."

"That is unusual." Hera commented. "What about Lothal?"

"Sounds great." Reddie agreed.

"Welcome aboard then. How long will it take you to get your stuff here?"

Reddie tilted his head to side. "What stuff?" He sounded puzzled.

"I thought you wanted to leave this planet for good." Hera explained.

"Yes, I do. I am leaving it for good." Reddie confirmed.

"So, when will you be ready to leave?" Hera asked.

"Right away."

"But you don't have anything with you." Sabine explained as the stranger seemed to have no idea what they were talking about and looked at him.

"I have everything I need."

The whole crew eyed him suspiciously. The small backpack he had looked like a luggage for one day.

"Worry not." Reddie said and took few credits out of his pocket. "I have credits to pay you."

"Very well." Hera turned and walked to the cockpit.

Zeb, who was just silently observing, walked to Reddie and said: "I'm Zeb. Follow me, I will show you your cabin."

"Ok." Reddie looked around, but he still made sure his face was covered. Then he followed Zeb.

"You know, you could take that hood of yours off. It's not like it will start raining in here."

"I won't." Reddie said.

Zeb waited for an explanation but was given none during their way through the corridor.

"There it is." Reddie walked inside.

"Thank you. I will stay the whole time here, I won't bother you anyhow."

Zeb just shrugged and left him alone. But he wasn't alone for long.

Sabine stormed into the cabin, getting a surprised flinch from the man, who was sitting at a small table. She didn't wait for an invitation and sat on the bed. "How can this be all you have?" She asked.

"It's all I need." Reddie explained. After some silence implying Sabine's dissatisfaction he added: "I have some spare clothes in the backpack. Then I have few weapons hidden in my clothes and some devices such as comlink and datapad." Reddie specified.

"So you travel like this all the time?"

"Mostly." Reddie admitted. He didn't usually talk to crews that took him from one planet to another. He would stay in his cabin or sit somewhere alone and interact with the crew only to tell them the name of the planet he wanted to go to, and to give them credits for the ride. But this gang was different. They were all very unique. Reddie hadn't met many groups whose members were so different. Usually they were united by the same race or money or something, but these guys left Reddie wonder what connected them and how they met.

Not that it matters, Reddie thought, I will never see them again after this trip.

Unexpectedly, the door opened again and Kanan entered. He still looked a bit angry and defensive. Reddie allowed himself a small smile. He hit the nail on the head back there in the shop.

"We need to talk. Sabine, could you, please, leave us?"

Reddie didn't show any sign of any emotion, actually, he didn't move an inch and waited for the situation to get cleared. Sabine sighed and got up: "I guess I'll leave you then." And she left.

Kanan sat across the table. "What exactly did you mean by needing to hide who I am?"

Reddie was completely still and said with calmness: "You're a Jedi."

Notes: A bit of a cliffhanger, maybe? ;-) I'm sorry about the length of this chapter, but I couldn't help it, I like cliffhangers.