My heart stutters at the sight of his bare chest and I quickly look away

My heart stutters at the sight of his bare chest and I quickly look away. Thankfully, he doesn't seem to notice. He does wave at me, though, and I approach him hesitantly.

"Looking good, (Y/N)!" he grins, holding his thumb up.

"I always look good," I reply, smiling back at him. He laughs, quickly turning away and marching down the hall. The wrong way.

"Front gate's this way, idiot!" I call after him, laughing on the inside.

'Finally, I got him back for the first day!' I cheer, grinning as he passes me.

"Say one word and I'll ditch you," he mutters and I laugh, catching up to him. We walk to the gate in comfortable silence, my tail swaying behind me. We reach the group and Aizawa tells us to get on the bus waiting for us. We board and Kaminari shoves himself next to me before Kirishima can.

"... Why?" I ask as Kirishima is forced to sit behind us. He doesn't answer, just chuckles and looks away. I drape my arm over the seat back and turn to talk to Kirishima, who was sitting next to Bakugou. He had joined our group due to some convincing from Kirishima, and while we were slowly warming up to eachother I kept thinking he was going to attack me.

"Have any idea where we're going?" I ask, looking around the bus.

"I have a bit of an idea. We might be going to USJ, the rescue training centre," Kirishima replies. I turn around to face the front as Aizawa speaks up.

"Today we're going to USJ-"

"Called it!!" Kirishima cries in victory behind me, raising his arms above his head. I chuckle, covering my mouth with my hand in an attempt to hide it.

"Congratulations. Anyway, we're going to USJ for rescue training. Two other heroes will already be there, All Might and Thirteen. Thirteen is a specialist in rescues, so make sure you listen," he finishes, then sits back down. I turn back around to Kirishima, who was still grinning like an idiot, and ask him how long it'll take to get there.

"About an hour, I think. Might as well get comfortable," he says, knitting his hands together behind his head and leaning back. I sigh and turn back around, now staring out the window. A few minutes pass, filled with the buzz of conversation between our classmates, before Kaminari taps my shoulder.

"(Y/N)? What's your Quirk? I've never seen you use it," he asks when I turn to look at him. I subconsciously shift away, averting my eyes. Kirishima leans forwards, placing his elbows on his knees and leaning forwards.

"I-I can't tell you," I stutter, pressing myself against the wall. Kaminari frowns, leaning closer.

"Of course you can tell me. We're friends, aren't we?"

For some reason, those words make tears spring to my eyes.

What makes you think you can be useful? Why would any hero agency want someone with such a Villainous power? Why don't you just go kill yourself?

Kirishima stands up, leaning forwards and placing his arm between me and Kaminari. Kaminari looks up in confusion and Kirishima shakes his head. I was hiding my face, trying to stop the tears that wanted to fall, when I feel a warm hand pat my shoulder. Whipping my head around, I stare at Kirishima as he grins at me.

"Don't worry, you can tell us when you're ready," he says, then sits back down. I wipe the tears away and make an effort to smile back at him. About half an hour later the bus screeches to a stop outside a large glass dome. Clambering out with the rest of the class, we line up and go inside. We're greeted by a Hero wearing a space suit, the Hero called Thirteen. He told us about the courses we would be practising rescues in, but as he spoke I noticed something dark moving around in the central fountain area. I kept my eyes on it, tuned out to Thirteen's voice, as it convulsed and expanded. I was beginning to worry.

"Thirteen?" I say quietly, but he doesn't hear me. Nobody does.

"Thirteen!" I call, louder now, and he turns to face me.

"Please wait until after I'm finished speaking to ask questions," he scolds, holding up a hand.

"I don't have a question, I'm just wondering what that is," I say, pointing down the massive flight of stairs. Just as I do that, a pale arm reaches out of the vortex of purple and black. Aizawa's eyes widen and he leaps in front of us, throwing his arm out.

"Thirteen, protect the students. Stay together and listen to him," he commands, his scarf slowly unwrapping.

"Is this part of the rescue training?" Kirishima asks beside me, stepping forwards.

"Don't move!" Aizawa yells, making him flinch back. As the arm turns into a human body, covered in hands, more figures shuffle out of the dark fog.

"Those are Villains," Aizawa says, pulling his goggles over his eyes. Shocked gasps echo around me and I step backwards. In that second, the fog turns into a dark streak and rockets towards us. Aizawa leaps forwards, flying down the stairs and into the crowd of Villains as they begin climbing. Just before the arrow skewers Thirteen, standing in front of us protectively, it splits and spreads around us in a dome. Covered in shadow, I cover my mouth with my arm and feel my way over to someone, keeping a tight grip on them. Golden slits form in front of us, hanging in the darkness like lanterns.

"Our intelligence said All Might would be here. Where is he?" a deep voice asks. I glance around fearfully, feeling my eyes adjust to the swirling darkness surrounding me. I can see enough now to notice that I was holding onto Aoyama, who hadn't even seemed to notice me. I quickly let go, backing away and almost into the dark wall behind me. Thirteen leaps to the front of the group, the cap covering his pointer finger popping off and a sucking sound fills the air. At the same time, Kirishima and Bakugou leap towards the Villain, Quirks at the ready. Thirteen quickly steps back, the cap popping back into place. The dark voice chuckles and suddenly sweeps forwards, washing us all away in darkness.

"Shit!!" Bakugou cries, tumbling head over heels into a dark opening. Kirishima follows, crying out as the blackness swallows him.

"EIJIRO!!" I scream, running forwards with my arms outstretched. The last thing I see before tumbling into a different hole is Kirishima, his arm outstretched, reaching for me.