Chapter 15: Brotherhood

Start from the beginning

Because there is no happy scenario without Jimin, Yoongi thought to himself.

"Hyung... Let's break up." As the words resonated in his mind, Yoongi could finally feel the cracks in his chest. The pulsing pain of his heart. The cold, dark, emptiness that was left behind without Jimin. Without the sun. Without his sun.
Yoongi sobbed quietly into his pillow, alone and in pain in the ever darkening room. Drifting to sleep in sorrow.

• • • • • • • • • •

      The dorm felt horribly empty without the younger members around

      The dorm felt horribly empty without the younger members around. Even Hoseok had been spending the nights at the hotel with them for the past week and a half. It was the first time they had lived apart in years. It left Yoongi feeling just as hollow as their deafeningly silent apartment.
Though they all came together for company meetings, recording, and appearances, Jimin never met Yoongi's gaze unless it was required. He didn't show Yoongi his warm smile or crescent eyes. Didn't share his full, bubbling laugh with him. Worst of all, he didn't share his loving skinship. Leaving Yoongi's skin to ache for Jimin's touch.
Yoongi didn't just feel a hole from missing Jimin, but also from missing the other members. They'd spent years together. Side by side nearly all day, every day since before debut. But now they'd been split apart. Not only physically. Everyone had become quiet. Their group chats lay empty. Their dinners spent lonesome. Nights spent in quiet even as they passed each other in the hallways. He had barely spoken with Jin.... And they were roommates. Everything felt off. Felt... wrong. But Yoongi had no idea how to even begin fixing it.

"Yahhhhh!" Namjoon's crackled scream echoed through the empty dorm. "Yah! Yah! Yah! Yah!"
Yoongi sat up from the couch, using the free time of the late night to get some rest, "What the hell?"
Namjoon stumbles out of the hallway and into the living room, face full of serious surprise, "Where's Jin-hyung?!"
"Yah, Kim Namjoon, " Jin exits the bedroom, his face swollen with sleep. "I was trying to sleep."
"Fuck sleep!" Namjoon jumped, his phone waving in his hand. "Bang PD-nim just called."
Yoongi groaned, "Not another song...."
"Better," Namjoon grinned widely, "We've just been invited back to the AMA's."
Jin and Yoongi clapped, excited but tired. The eldest heading back towards his room, "More practicing."
Namjoon grabbed Jin's arm, pulling him back, "Not just to perform... We're nominated for an award!"
The three members stood frozen, staring at each other with wide eyes. Yoongi wasn't sure he heard correctly, "What did you just say?"
Namjoon slowed his speech, "BTS has been nominated for Artist of the Year at the American Music Awards next month."
A few more frozen moments passed. Suddenly Yoongi sprang from the couch, screaming in excitement. The two other members joining the celebration and running around the living room. Jin jumping around on the couch. Screams of thrills and "oh my god" bellowed through their building but they didn't care. Screw the neighbors, this was the biggest moment in their life.
       It was the biggest moment in their life and Yoongi could only wish for one thing: to share the joy with Jimin. He hated the other members weren't here to share in the joy. But Jimin mostly. Yoongi wanted to share in Jimin's warm smile and hyper excitement. He wanted to watch Jimin do flips with Jungkook down the hallway. Wanted to watch Jimin dance in happiness with Hoseok. Wanted to watch Jimin and Taehyung scream and thrash about. To share in the happiness together. Jimin was always beside everyone, taking care of everyone. Without him... Yoongi felt hollow. Without Jimin... There was no happiness.
       Yoongi stopped his celebration, "Do the others know?"
        Namjoon and Jin stop their jumping as well, the leader replying, "Not yet. I just found out. I was going call the-"
     Without another thought, Yoongi sprinted towards the front door. Struggling to put on on his sneakers. Jin yelling after him as Yoongi threw on his hoodie, "What are you doing?"
       Yoongi poked his head around the corner, pointing at Namjoon, "Call Hoseok and the others and tell them to come here. Say it's an emergency. But not Jimin."
       Namjoon came to the door way, stopping Yoongi at the front door, "What are you gonna do?"
        Yoongi looked back to his friend, eyes desperate, "I don't know. But I can't be apart from him any more. Fuck the rumors."
       At that, Yoongi leapt out the front door. He could have sworn he saw a smile of approval on Namjoon's lips. But the only thing that mattered right now was seeing Jimin. The thought propelling Yoongi faster down the winding lay out of their complex. The cold air stinging his lungs as he ran but refusing to stop. Beating the car service to the front gate. Leaving Yoongi to pace with anticipation as the minutes passed torturously slow until the black car pulled up. Yoongi practically leapt into the car and yelled directions to the clearly surprised driver. Who complied to the demands despite Yoongi's manic actions.

       Yoongi thanked the driver, pulling his hood over his head to hide his face as he sprang from the car and sprinted inside the Hotel. Yoongi ran through the busy lobby, catching the eyes of curious people checking in. He skidded to a sloppy stop and flung the stairwell door open. Despite being a little short, he ran as fast as he could up the stairs. One flight after another. His leg muscles burning. His lungs aching for more air. Until he reached the 12th floor. His loud footsteps disturbing the silence of the hallway as he made his way eagerly to the door of Jimin's room. Pounding the heavy door, tears bubbled in his eyes as he waited. Desperately pleading to see Jimin's face.
        The door opened slowly, too slow for Yoongi's desperation, before he was finally standing face to face with Jimin. The younger's goldencrust skin in beautiful contrast from his white T-shirt. His dyed Sandy hair in disarray. Sweatpants hanging loosely from his slender frame. His face clear of make up. The tears finally fell down Yoongi's face. Even in his disheveled state, Jimin was easily the most beautiful thing Yoongi had ever seen and would ever see in his entire life. Everything inside him was screaming it.
      "Hyung, what are you doing here? Are you okay?" Jimin's voice was like an angel was speaking, sending a shudder down Yoongi's spine.
      The elder pushed his way into the room, closing the door behind him. His breath labored, lungs still burning as he spoke, "I.... I need to.... to tell you something."
       Jimin's brown eyes stared widely at Yoongi, the younger clearly fighting his own urge to reach out and make sure the elder was okay, "H-hyung, you can't be here-"
      "We've been nominated for Artist of the Year at the AMA's," Yoongi blurted out, trying to fight the tears streaming down his face.
          Jimin stared at him, not believing the words that just spilled from his mouth. But Yoongi didn't speak again. Enjoying watching Jimin digest the news. His face slowly lighting up, eyes growing wide. His full lips spreading into a bright smile. Each small action satiating the part of Yoongi that had craved to eagerly to see Jimin happy again.
       The younger closed the distance between them, wrapping his arms around Yoongi's neck and pulling him into an excited hug. Once in Jimin's arms, Yoongi felt like he had taken his first breath again. His tears falling faster as they jumped with joy. Taking in every millisecond in Jimin's arms. But all too quickly, Jimin pulled away from Yoongi and stepped back. Leaving the elder feeling horribly desolate once again.
       "Thanks for coming by to tell me," Jimin said, his eyes on the floor. "But you shouldn't be here. You could get in trou-"
     Before Jimin could finish his thought, Yoongi closed the distance between them. His slender hand sliding to the back of Jimin's neck. The other hand wrapping around the younger's waist, pulling him closer. Their chests pressed together as Yoongi pulled Jimin into a kiss. The younger rigid with surprise for a moment before falling into Yoongi. Matching his ferver. Their lips moving in desperate hungry rhythm. Both pulling at each other. Their bodies pressed together but feeling not close enough as Yoongi backed Jimin against the wall.
     Yoongi kept his hold on Jimin, pulling away only a little to lock eyes with his lover, "I don't care any more. I don't care about the rumors. I don't care about the risks. We will figure it out. We will hide everything better... Fuck I don't know... All I know is that I can't live this life without loving you."
      Jimin stared back, his expression saddening, "Hyung...."
      "Don't," Yoongi stopped him with a harsh whisper, pulling Jimin closer. "Don't tell me that this is over. Don't break my fucking heart again, Park Jimin! Just... Just tell me you still love me. If you don't, I'll leave."
      Jimin instantly grasped at Yoongi's hoodie to hold him in place, "I love you. I'll always love you. Don't.... Just don't leave."
      Yoongi could hear the same desperation in Jimin's voice that he had been feeling while they were apart. He didn't need to hear another word from him. Instead he took Jimin's hand and lead him to the bed, laying him down and positioning himself between Jimin's legs. Hovering over the younger, Yoongi's eyes scanned over Jimin's face. Taking in every single line and curve and flaw. Seeing only perfection in front of him.
     "You're so beautiful..." Yoongi whispered as he slid his hands under Jimin's shirt. Breath becoming a little rugged as his fingers brushed across Jimin's soft skin.
      Jimin followed suit, helping Yoongi out of his hoodie and undershirt. His pale skin still damp with sweat from his heated run, leaving the elder to shy away from Jimin as he sat up and leaned in to kiss Yoongi's chest. But Jimin ignored the action, his lips pressed against Yoongi's bare chest. The younger dragging his tongue over Yoongi's nipple, over his collarbone, along his Adams apple, and stopping at the elders trembling lips. Jimin voice was a rasped whisper, "Even your sweat tastes good."
     The words sent goosebumps crawling across Yoongi's skin and a flush to his cheeks. The elder ran his hands through Jimin's silken hair. Their eyes locked together. A whole conversation had between them without a word spoken. Neither knew what would happen tomorrow. Neither cared. In this moment, they had each other finally in their grasp and they weren't letting go.
       Yoongi closed the painful distance, kissing Jimin again. Their tongues dancing with passion as Jimin unbuttoned Yoongi's jeans with remarkable speed, slipping his hand beneath his boxer briefs. His small fingers wrapping around Yoongi's pulsing hardness. Causing the elder to release a soft moan through their kiss.
     Yoongi sat up, pulling Jimin's hand from his pants and quickly pulling off the younger's sweats and underwear. Tossing them to the floor, letting one of his hands travel to Jimin's hardening manhood. The younger gasping at Yoongi's touch as the elders other hand traveled inside Jimin. Both hands working the younger slowly. Yoongi's eyes focused on Jimin's writhing figure beneath him. Yoongi failed to hide his smug smile as pleasure pushed it's way through Jimin's body, his breaths quick and his face red. Yoongi even thought it was sexy how Jimin tried to cover his face shyly.
      Yoongi slid off the rest of his clothes, kicking them away before slowly pushing himself inside Jimin. The younger gripping Yoongi's back as he carefully worked his way in. Desperate to be intertwined with Jimin but not wanting to hurt him. But Jimin fell to the action quick than expected, his small hands grabbing Yoongi's ass and pulling him deeper inside of him. Both releasing loud, haggard moans of pleasure as Yoongi's hips worked. Jimin's short nails biting into Yoongi's back, leaving the elder to tremble with pained pleasure. His hips working harder and faster, enjoying each echoing moan spilling from Jimin's pink lips. Jimin's hands tugging at Yoongi's hair, bringing their lips together. Yoongi could feel himself getting closer to the edge with every movement, Jimin's hardness twitching against his stomach. The two working against each other in a heated, sweaty mess of ecstasy as they bubbled over the edge. Yoongi hiding his face in Jimin's shoulder as his orgasm rippled through him and into Jimin. The younger moaning in excitement as his warmth spilled into their stomachs. The two lost in the release they had desperately ached for.
       Jimin's voice was soft in Yoongi's ear, "Yoongi-ah... I'll never leave your side again."
      Yoongi pulled back, body weak, meeting Jimin's hazed eyes, "I'll never let you walk away from me again. I'll follow you to hell if I have to."
      Jimin planted a soft kiss against Yoongi's lips, smiling warmly, "Deal."

       Yoongi had not fully known what it was to be happy until he fell asleep with Jimin in his arms after a night of pure pleasure. This... Was his new happy place.

• • • • • • • • • •

• • • • • • • • • •

      The car ride back to the dorm was comfortably quiet. Yoongi and Jimin held hands out of the drivers sight. Both watching the lights pass by in the night. Jimin made sure not to check out of the hotel and the two luckily made it out of the back entrance without being spotted. Yoongi's face was covered by his black mask and hoodie and Jimin wore his black hat and one of his white masks pulled just below his nose.
       They took their time walking hand in hand towards their apartment, along the winding trail up the hill. The dorm was quiet as they sneakily entered. The rooms dark except for the motion light over the doorway. Jimin and Yoongi kicked off their shoes, tip toeing around the corner into the living room.
       Suddenly the lights flicked on and the other members sprang out from their apparent hiding places, attacking Jimin and Yoongi with pillows and whoops of congratulations. Music blasting suddenly from Jungkooks stereo and cans of beer and bottles of soju appearing on the tables next to some snacks plated by Jin.
      Yoongi pushed the members away, smiling, "What the hell is going on?"
       Jin jumped onto the couch, "We're having a P-A-R-T-Y, party!"
        Jungkook and Taehyung pulled the couple around the coffee table covered in food and alcohol as Namjoon explained, "Not only are we nominated for an American Music Award. But we have all come to a decision-"
       Jungkook pointed at Yoongi and Jimin, "You two aren't allowed to break up any more."
     Hoseok scoffed in agreement, clapping, "Seriously! If you two break up we all wind up apart."
     "Which fucking sucks," Taehyung and Jin added.
     "You two just be together. Fuck the rumors. We'll always cover your asses. That's what brothers do," Namjoon cracked open a beer, making sure everyone had a drink prepared. He raised his drink, "Enough of the bullshit. Whether we rise higher or fall, we're doing it together. Brothers for life! Geonbae!"
      With a smile, the seven clapped their drinks together in agreement, "Geonbae!!"

      Brothers for life, Yoongi smiled to himself and enjoyed the party free of worry. Just happiness.