"Says the one who comes over every weekend just for food, now he's greedy?" I insulted. She suddenly cleared her throat and threw a glare at me.

"Don't. Go. There."

"Fine Fine." I surrendered.

"But right now, I don't care about anything, I'm hungry." I told her while standing up from the sitting position I was in since an hour.

"Alright, now let's get eating, my stomach has been dying for a morsel from your moms homemade dishes." She announced. I laughed and nodded. I have to admit, I love having her around, she's a refreshment to my life.

"So, did Sophia get to meet him?" Morella asked.

"Meet him? She was like all over him with her fan girly talks and of course the parts about me too." I sulkily replied

Morella shrieked. Very girly might I add.

"Oh my god, you lucky girl. You don't know what I would have done just to meet him, honestly." Morella dreamily replied.

I rolled my eyes. Typical Morella.

We made our way to the dining table and settled ourselves in our seats. My house was an average size for an average sized family. It consisted of four bedroom with a bathroom in each bedroom. We had a kitchen, a dining room, a living room which was mostly for guests and parties and a family room. The family room had my family's picture frames, a fireplace, a three piece sofa set, a little daybed with a lamp beside it and a big window by the daybed. Typical but cozy. The daybed was my favourite spot, made especially for me, it was my quiet reading seat.

My parents took up the master bedroom, my sister had one of three medium sized rooms and I had the second room of the three. My room was simple, but had the best view because of the built in balcony and a beautiful bookshelf by the balcony. I just loved my room. It had a simple queen sized bed covered in lilac coloured duvets and pillow covers. I had two white bedside tables with two simple lamps by either side of the bed. I had a simple white dressing table and a white closet and my walls were painted plain white with lilac coloured borders.

Me and Morella were busy talking and teasing when Mom came in with the food and served it on the table. I served Morella first because she was literally drooling over the food and didn't seem to have the authenticity to serve herself.

My mother had been silent for a while and it didn't go unnoticed by Morella either. She gave me a questioning look while I just shrugged my shoulders.

"Mom is everything ok?" I managed to ask after a glaring battle between me and Morella, as to who is going to do the honour of asking her about her behaviour. In the end I lost, so I had to do it.

"Yes everything is absolutely fine." She tried smiling, but nonetheless failed. After a long silence, she spoke.

"Mishel, I-I mean we, that includes me and your father who will be returning from Madrid by this evening, need to speak to you about some important matters."

Okay? I don't know why but I started to feel uneasy. I don't know if it is because of my mother's strange behaviour or the talk we will have.

"Is there something wrong? Is dad okay?" I managed to croak out.

"Yes honey. Everyone and everything is fine. This is an important talk we have been planning to talk with you about." She explained. She didn't feel too comfortable. Her eyes looked swollen, like she's been crying for a few days.

"Mom go and rest while we clean up. We can talk later." I know she will tell me the reason to her upset state. She always did.

When she was ready.

"Yes and Morella dear, you should stay for the talk too. It's-umm how can I say this, uh, we need you here-more like Mishel WILL need you. So do please stay a little longer." She concluded with that and left us to our dreadful thoughts.

Morella and I quickly finished our lunch and settled in my room for a meeting. I had all kinds of thoughts running through my mind.

What could she possibly want to talk about? I haven't done anything wrong other than use my dads credit card without permission for some shopping. And that was, well a few months ago.

And why would I need Morella here to console me?

Morella was busy pacing back and forth, as though piecing information together like the detective she thought she was.

Detective my butt.

"Oh. My. God. Why didn't I think of this before?!" Morella was pacing back and forth, with her palm on her forehead and the other hand on her waist.

What conclusion did she come to now?

"What is it?" I hesitantly asked.

"What else could it possible be for a strict, traditional and reserved family of ours.?" Now she is talking in riddles.

"What are you trying to implement?" I emphasized.

She hesitated.

"Mishel, I think Aunt Erica and Uncle Devin are getting you to tie a knot in the holy thing we call arranged marriage!" She squealed.

What?

No. That is not happening.

Well not yet.

I don't plan on getting married.

Well yet.

And that's not how my mother would react. She would actually be jumping with joy to get me to leave. Not hesitating by fear.

"No, it's not that. My mom wouldn't be reacting to it like that." I tried to justify.

"Then, have you got any idea?"

"Honestly, no. Let's just wait until the talk. Dobbiamo solo aspettare l'arrivo dei papà e la sera a venire." I hoarsely replied.

(We just need to wait for Dad's arrival and the evening to come)

"" Morella replied.

(Yes)

I had a feeling that after this talk things would not be the same.
.    .    .    .    .    .    .    .    .    .    .    .    .    .    .    .    .

Vote, comment, share and follow please! Can't wait till next update.