Chapter two

Enjoy the chapter! I know it might be short, but long ones are on their way! Don't forget to vote and comment.
I want to dedicate this chapter to my first billionaire story's author FreedomHasan

The more the votes, the faster I update. Remember, this book needs you to keep and open mind. What you may assume is not what is meant to be!
. . . . . . . . . . . . .

I hailed a cab after my little moment with myself and got in. It was a pretty long day, especially for not-a-morning person like me. I get cranky if don't get my required hours of sleep. For the sake of this interview, I woke up around 6:00am and took a quick shower and did my usual morning routine, but still couldn't manage to have a quick breakfast.

I need food to function, and when I don't have food I just don't seem to focus.

The ride home is around 20 minutes, but with New York's traffic, it's going to take me at least 40 minutes. I pulled out a bag of Maltesers and my water bottle from my purse and began popping them into my mouth.

I was still recalling on my interview and how I managed to get the job position, when I suddenly remembered to thank god for listening to my prayer.

I quickly but gently put the chocolate packet aside to avoid dropping them, because I am very clumsy, and wiped my hands. As soon as I touched my neck to clasp my pendent in my hands, I felt my neck bare.

Oh My God! Did I just loose my NECKLACE!!!! Oh Gosh!

This was off limits!

I rummaged through my purse to see if I put it in there or dropped it in the cab, but no sign.

Ugh! Why am I so clumsy?

I racked my brain, trying to remember if I took it off or it dropped somewhere.

I searched through the cab seats. But to no avail.

I told the driver to take me back to Del Rasso Empire. As soon as we reached there, I ran out the cab with the crumbs falling in the process. I probably looked like an escapee from the mental asylum. But I couldn't care less.

I ran through the revolving doors and stopped in the middle of the floor at the reception desk and elevator, dwelling upon where I should go and who should I ask. In the end I decided to ask the receptionist, Alayna if she saw a necklace lying anywhere. By the time I got to her desk, I was breathing heavy as a dog.

God! I really need to get in shape. These chocolates are doing no good.

"Hey, your not gone yet? I thought you were done with your interview? How did it go?" Well I was actually here to ask a simple question, but instead, she bombarded me with questions.

"Uh. Hi! Yes I am done with my interview and I got the job. I was actually on my way home and I remembered that I had a necklace on and I think I lo- I mean I think I forgot it here somewhere." Forgot- yup that's the right word because I clearly don't remember when and where I dropped it. Maybe the washroom? I do remember going to the washroom somewhere in the building after my interview.

I didn't want to say I lost it because I needed to make a good impression, and being clumsy and forgetful was not impressive.

"Oh what does it look like?" I gave a quick description of it and she offered to help look for it. I was quite grateful because she took out time to help me search for something forgotten out of her busy schedule.

"Hello ladies, is there a problem?" A man tall as 5'9 or more with blond hair and beautiful green eyes and a muscular yet toned body, approached us. I was about to say something when Alayna beat me to it. "Hi. Umm Mishel, this is the manager of the department, Evan Collins. Evan, Miss. Mishel D'Alesio here dropped her necklace and it seems expensive by the description, so I decided to help look for it."

Evan looked amused with what he heard. "Well, never met someone who forgot or lost something personally valuable here. How about I help too, maybe we can find it quicker? Before the boss comes around." He muttered the last part, but nonetheless, I heard it. Me and Alayna nodded in response and the three of us spread to different places in search of my lucky charm. Who knew these people could be so nice and kind.

While we were busy searching like the NYPD, I think we grabbed some attention and word got around. Most of the staff in this department offered to help and all you could see is a bunch of people focussed on finding something that was lost by a clumsy someone - me.

I was so keen on looking for the necklace, when I bumped into a hard wall. "Oomph." Gosh! Why do I have to embarrass myself everywhere I go? I slowly opened my eyes and looked straight at the wall - no, actually a chest. I came face to face with a hard and toned - chest? I didn't bother looking up and said a quick sorry to the man who was no less than 6' in a black suit and tie. Maybe he was also looking for my necklace. I turned around and resumed my search, when I heard a very manly yet husky voice booming around the whole department.

"What the hell is going on here?" Everyone, including me, stood frozen in the midst of whatever searching position we were in while doing the search.

"Oh god! Please don't create more trouble." I sent a quite prayer under my breath.

. . . . . . . . . . . . .
I promise the story gets better and better later on. *hint* Please do remember some minor and major details from here. Might be some help.