The Costa Rica Incident

Start from the beginning

He kisses my temple, "Relax. Once we're on the plane no one will look at us."

I bring it down a few notches, "I hope your right."

"When am I not right?" He asks, his tone dripping with smugness.

I reach my hand down to pinch his butt. "Ow!" He squeals.

I then pat his butt, "Hush, you."

Anthony chuckles with a shake of his head, "I'm gonna get you for that later."

I scoff, "I'm sure you will."

Making out way up the plane stairs was, well, difficult to say the least. Anthony had to carry me up the stairs because to get up the stairs I would've had to put weight on my ankle, and that wouldn't have gone very well. Anthony sets me down, and he continues to help me to our seats. He takes the window since it has to be easier for me to get to the bathroom. Reason:Vomit. Nuff said.

Wrigley very carefully lays down between Anthony and I's feet. Adjust myself a little bit, and I knock my right foot against the seat in front of me. I stifle a scream of pain, but it still comes out a little. Anthony looks over when I whimper, "Did you hit your foot?"

I nod with my mouth held closed firmly. It feels like black smoke is filling my veins, and I begin to feel nauseous. Anthony hands me a brown paper bag, and I push it away, "Over my dead body."

I get out of my seat, and I one legged hop all the way to the bathroom. I lock the door behind me, and I yank the toilet seat up. I bend over, and it takes a few seconds before anything actually comes up. I strain myself to get everything up, but I already now that I will probably have another trip to the bathroom. I stand up slowly, and I wash my mouth out. I then unlock the door, and I slowly hop back to my seat.

Anthony looks up, "Are you gonna be okay? You're really pale."

I shake my head, "I think there's gonna be another trip to the bathroom."

I breath the my nose, and out my mouth to try and quell the nausea. Anthony pats my knee, "It's only a two hour flight."

I wrap an arm around my stomach, "I know. Never helps though."

Anthony chuckles, "You're worse than Kris."

I smirk, "And that surprises you?"

He shakes his head, "Not at all."
————————————————————
I'm sure it must have confused Anthony's entire family to see me hop all the way to the bathroom. It was truly amazing that I managed to hold in vomit throughout our landing. That is a miracle in it of itself.

I'm throwing up my stomach contents in a stall when I hear two knocks on the stall door. "Sam?" I hear Laurie and Sara ask.

"Just a second," I manage to choke out before I hurl again.

"And I thought morning sickness was bad. She's got a paralyzed stomach, and she sounds like she's dying in there." I hear Sara empathize.

I reach up to flush the toilet, and I unlock he stall door. I turn to Sara, "You're pregnant?"

She nods, "Yes. Anthony didn't tell you?"

I shake my head as I hobble to the sink counter, "He probably thought he told me, but in actuality forgot to."

I wash my mouth out again, and I feel Laurie rub my back, "Is it always like that?"

I shake my head, "No. This weeks been pretty bad."

They help me hobble out to the three men with Wrigley in tow. Laurie and Sara pass me off to Anthony, and I wave at both Johns, "Hi! Sorry, about running off like that."

John Sr. Shakes his head, "Don't even worry about it. Nothing to be sorry about."

I smile, "As much as I would love to stand here in the airport, and socialize I have a pretty bad ankle right now."

They all seem to remember that, and they hurry to the two cars. Anthony and I wave bye to his family before getting into his car that he keeps in Florida. I put my right leg on the dashboard, "I feel like I was rude. Was I rude?"

Anthony shakes his head, "No. You weren't rude. I already told them that I'd have to take you to the hospital when we got here."

I nod, "If you're sure."

He smiles, "Samantha. Trust me, you can do no wrong in their eyes. They loved you from the start."

Tear gather in my eyes, "Really?"

He nods, "Yes. Really. You were apart of the family before they even met you."

The tears spill out, "I never knew that."

He chuckles, "You're such a sap."

I lightly smack his shoulder, "Shut Up. I'm in pain."

He tries to hide a smile, "Sorry."

I raise an eyebrow, "Mmhmmm."
————————————————————
"What do you mean it's just a strain?" I ask incredulously.

The doctor sighs, "It's just a strain. There's no evidence of a tear. I suggest rest, an ice pack for the swelling, and Aleve for the pain."

I roll my eyes, "Yeah. Okay."

The doctor smiles as he leads me out to the waiting room. I hop off angrily with Wrigley not even waiting for Anthony. I wait at by the car for him to catch up. He looks at me incredulously, "What was that about?"

The point to the hospital, "That doctor treated me like I was an idiot."

He raise an eyebrow, "You sure?"

I glare at him, and he raises his hands, "Okay. Sorry. Did he say what was wrong?"

I open my door, "He said it was a strain. A strain my ass. I know what a tear feels like because oh, yeah, I've had one before."

Wrigley barks loudly at me, clearly telling me to calm down. I take a deep calming breath, "Whatever. Let's just go to your parents house."

He smiles, "Actually we're going to my house. We stayed at their house last time, so that they could get to know you."

I nod, "Okay. As long as I get an Aleve and an ice pack I don't care where we stay."

He nods, "I think I can swing those two things."

I smile, "I'm sure you could swing something else too."

Anthony looks right at me as he speeds up, and I smirk. I've got a lot of power in that aspect.