Chapter 26: Two rogues

Maya's Pov
School, ugh, I'm too tired to be here. Luckily I'm in history and it's not that bad. Cory can really keep you interested, until you have to work on your own, which is what were currently doing.

Ring Ring.

Ouh who forgot to put their phone on silence? Who's gonna get it? Everybody looks around until Cory answers his phone and leaves the classroom making me groan. "Hey" Riley says turning around in her seat to face me. "It's really unfair that teachers get to answer their phone during class and we can't" I admit "That's true" she smile as Cory walks back into the room "Josh, Lucas, Riley and Maya" he says before motioning with his head to follow him. I furrow my eyebrows and look at Josh but all he does is shrug.

We walk out of the classroom and surround Cory, "Josh, your father calle-" he starts but gets cut off by Josh "step-father" he says making us all glare at him "As I was saying he called and their seems to be two rogues who invaded our territory" he says making both boys growl and my eyes widen "He wants all of you there immediately" He adds making them nod "Even me?" I ask as he nods "If you're the future Alpha female you must be there" he says making me smile.

"What about you?" Josh asks Cory "I'll be there but first I need to tell the school, now don't waste time go" he says.

We all rush out of the school and they all shift.

"Hop on Maya" Josh says trotting towards me. He lays down and I climb on top.

"Let's go" He takes off with Riley and Lucas close behind. After a few seconds we arrive at the pack house which is surrounded by many wolves.

We make our way passed them and find Allen in front of two wolves who are tied up.

I slide off Josh and walk towards him, "What's going on?" I ask looking at the two wolves "They invaded our territory" he growls making the wolves whine.

Something seems off, I look at Josh's wolf and back at the two wolves, they're a lot smaller, although Josh is an Alpha. I look at Riley and Lucas and they're also a lot bigger.

"Can you ask them to shift back?" I ask but Allen shakes his head "We tried but they don't want to" he says making me furrow my eyebrows.

"They won't shift back because they'll be less strong if they do" Josh says making me nod.

"Haven't they realised that they're surrounded and they can't go anywhere?" I ask

"Might as well just shift" I shrug.

I walk towards them but immediately stop when Josh growls at me.

"Are you crazy?" He asks "Stay back I do not want you getting hurt because of rogues" I roll my eyes and wave him off "I'll be fine" I assure him.

I walk towards the two wolves and kneel down. I can hear Allen asking Josh what the hell I'm doing and if I'm crazy but I don't stop.

"Shift" I simply say. One of the wolf growls at me making Josh growl back at him, he whines and I smirk. "You can't go anywhere now, shift" I say they look at each other and I sigh "Mr.Anthony what happens to rogues who invade your territory?" I ask "Sentenced to death" he responds "After being tortured" he adds, I nod and smile "Unless you really want to go through that I suggest you shift." I stand up and walk back to Josh who pulls me against him.

"Nice job future Alpha female" he says making me smile "Thanks let's see if it works".

Before he can answer everyone gasps making me turn around to look at the wolves who shifted back into children.

"They're kids?" Josh says confused "I thought they were smaller" I say.

Asena walks towards them and gives them both a blanket. "Names?" Allen asks "Benjamin and Esther" the young boy replies. "Last Name" Allen demands "Kester" he replies.

"What were the both of you doing here?" Josh asks taking me by surprise. I didn't realise he had shifted back, or put on some sweatpants.

"We didn't know we were on your territory, please don't kill us" the boy begs "We're really sorry" the little girl adds "Where are your parents?" Asena asks "Children like you shouldn't wonder off" she adds.

"We don't have parents" the girl replies "Please don't send us back" she cries "Why shouldn't we?" Allen asks "We ran away they'll punish us if we go back".

"Very well, Asena help them get cleaned up will deal with them later" Allen says before walking back to the pack house.

"Go help my mother, I'll go talk to my step-dad" Josh says before kissing my cheek and jogging up to his step-dad.

"Here let me help" I say walking to the little who is struggling to get up. I grab her arm and slowly pull her but she screams "Careful she's weak!" the boy yells making me instantly feel extremely bad. "I'm sorry" I softly say, "I'm going to pick you up okay?" She slowly nods and I gently pick her up bridal style.

"Can you give her a bath? I'll get Aspen to bring you some clothes for her to wear" I nod and continue to follow Asena "Here go in this room, I'll be next door" I nod once more and make my way to the room's bathroom.

I gently place the little girl on the bathroom's rug and turn on the water in the bath making sure it's warm. Once the tub is half filled, I turn the water off and turn back to the little girl. "Okay come on" she gently drops her blanket and I pick her up slowly putting her in the tub.

"Thank you" she murmurs making me smile.

"You're welcome, Esther right?" I ask and she nods. She is adorable, she has dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. "What's your name?" She asks as I help her get clean "Maya" I answer making her smile "That's a pretty name" she admits "Thank you, I like your name as well" I say.

I quickly rinse her and wrap her in a towel before picking her up and carrying her to the bedroom. "Maya, I brought some clothes" Aspen says walking in the room "Thank you" I put Esther on the bed and Aspen helps me get her dressed.

Knock Knock

"Come in" I say watching the door being open revealing Josh. He walks in and I look back at Esther who looks terrified. "Aspen do you mind?" He asks, she shakes her head and smiles "Excuse me" she bows her head and leaves the room.

Josh walks towards me and Esther looks beyond scared "He won't hurt you" I assure her she nods and Josh kneels down beside me.

"How old are you?" He asks "Nine" she answers "Is the boy your brother?" She nods "How old is he?" He asks "Thirteen" She replies "You said you didn't have any parents what happened to them?" She shakes her head and tears escape down her face "I don't know" she cries.

____________________________
Things are about to happen! Maya's getting into her future Alpha female position! Get ready! If you liked this chapter please vote and comment or...

Do whatever you want!

-Mel❤