Chapter 2: First day of school

My alarms rings making groan in annoyance, first day of school in Woodlen city ugh let's do this. "Maya time to get up!" Shawn yells "I'm up!" I yell back, I get up from my bed and make my way to my dresser picking an outfit for today, once I like what I put together I go and take a quick shower and do my morning routine.

I hop down the stairs and throw my bag on the living room couch before walking to the kitchen, "Morning dad." I say and sit down on the bar stool as Shawn hands me a plate with bacon and scrambled eggs, "Morning kiddo and hear ya go." "Thanks" I say as I take a bite of my bacon, "Are you excited?" He asks making me roll my eyes, "No one likes to be the new kid, but I am a little." I say as he chuckles. DING DONG . I look at Shawn confused making him shrug, he walks to the front door and opens it whilst I continue to eat my breakfast. "Oh hey Riley, please come in." Shawn says making me get off of the barstool and lean against the wall to peak at Riley and Shawn, "Hey Mr.Hunter-" "Please call me Shawn" he says cutting her off and making her nod, "Hey Shawn, sorry to interrupt your morning." "It's all good you can come whenever you want" Shawn says making her nod again, "I just thought it would be a nice gesture if I took Maya to school with me and show her around." Riley says making me smile, "Riles" I say walking out of the kitchen and going towards the living room to hug her. "Maya" she says hugging me back, "Riley would you like some breakfast?" Shawn asks as we let go, "um, sure." She says. We walk back to the kitchen and eat breakfast.

"Come I don't want to be late for my first day of school." I say dragging Riley out of a store. Riley and I got out of the house quite early so we decided to go to this perfume shop and now it was impossible to get Riley out. "You're right." She puts the bottle of perfume down and looks at me "Let's go".

We arrive at school and I must say it's not that bad. Riley is now showing me the lockers whilst trying to find mine. "618, 619" Riley says looking the lockers, "621 aha found it!" Riley says making me look at her. She opens the locker only to be slammed shut right away by a tall muscular boy with dirty blond hair. "Lucas!" Riley immediately says hugging the boy, I guess she knows him and he isn't some kind of bully. "Riley." He says back kissing her cheek. They let go of each other and Riley looks at me and I think she realised that I was confused because soon after she speaks up again "Oh right, Maya this is Lucas, my boyfriend. Lucas this is Maya she's my new neighbour and new best friend." Riley says making me smile not only because she had a boyfriend that she was going to tell me all about but also because she called me her best friend even though we met like yesterday. "Well it's nice to meet you Maya." Lucas says snapping me out of my thoughts, "Nice to meet you too" I say back, "Well I gotta go, bye Riley." He says giving her a quick peck on the lips, "Bye Lucas" she says, "Bye Maya" he says waving at me and walking away, "Bye" I say waving back. As soon as he leaves I quickly turn back to look at Riley and give her a big goofy smile. "What?" She says laughing, "How come you never mentioned having a boyfriend?" I say making her blush a little."You never asked." She says opening my locker once more, "Still you should've told me." I say making her smile. I drop some of my books in the locker and Riley continues the tour.

"This is the cafeteria." Riley says as we pop our heads in to look at the cafeteria, it is a lot smaller than the one in New York. We walk through the school and then head outside where the running tracks are and some open space with tables and benches to relax. "And for the last bit of our tour, that's the running track." She says pointing at the track. We turn to head back to my locker but we stop when we see a bunch of boy going to sit in one of the tables, usually I would shrug it off and walk away but there is one boy who caught my eyes, he had messy dark brown hair, he was about a foot taller than me, he was quite muscular and he had dark blue eyes who were looking directly in mine and for some reason I couldn't look away it was like he was reading me. "Maya?" Riley asks snapping me out of my trance, "Yeah?" I say looking at her and then back at the boy who smiled at me and took a seat next to his friends. "Let's go." Riley says walking back to the lockers making me follow.

The bell rang soon after and everyne scurried to their lessons. Since Riley and I are luckily in the same class we walk together to our first lesson, English. We walk in the classroom and get greeted by the teacher, "Mrs. Parkers, this is Maya she's new." Riley says, "Thank you Riley you can go take your seat." The teacher says making Riley nod and go to her seat. "Hi I'm Mrs.Parkers your English teacher and also the guidance counsellor." The teachers says, "I'm Maya." I say making her smile "Well Maya pick any seat you want." She says gesturing to the row of seats scattered in the classroom, I look around and see a free seat behind Riley, I make my way there and sit, as soons as I look up I see the boy again, my heart flipped and my breath hitches a little. He's talking to Mrs. Parkers I didn't think he would be in my class he looks older, but then again Lucas also looks older and he is in my class. I shrug it off and open my notebook and start doodling to get my mind off things.

I quickly get interrupted by the voice of someone, "Hey" the person whispers, I look up from my notebook and see the boy I say earlier sitting in the seat next to me, my heart starting beating fast making me enable to say hey back, as I was about to say it I get interrupted by the teacher, "Good morning class." She says making everyone say "Good morning Mrs.Parkers", "Today we have a new student." She says making me cringe, "Maya can you please stand up and introduce yourself?" I nod and stand up, "My name is Maya and I'm from New York." I say before sitting back down. "Thank you, now" the teacher trails off turning to the board to write something down. "Maya?" The boy asks making me look at him, "Hi" I say looking at his dark blue orbs, "Hi, I'm Josh." he says putting his hand out for me to shake which I gladly do. For the rest of the lesson I kept sharing some glances with Josh. I mean his so attractive it's hard not to, especially his smile that just makes your heart melt.

The rest of the day was pretty boring, I just finished my last lesson of the day and I'm waiting for Riley to get all her things in her locker before we can go.

"How was school?" Shawn asks as we eat our diner, "Good." I say taking a sip of my drink, "Is good all I get?" He says making me chuckle, "The teachers are nice and I made some new friends" I say making him smile, "That's good." He says, "How was work?" I ask, Shawn got a job offer here as a photographer, and that was also one of the reasons why we came here, "It was good." He says making me chuckle, "Is good all I get?" I repeat what he said earlier, "I have a pretty cool office and my boss is nice." "That's good." I say.

After diner I go in my room and take my shower. Once I finish my shower and get ready for bed, I jump on my bed and sigh. I think about how today was and I find myself thinking about Josh before falling asleep.

__________
-Mel❤