Chapter 16: Hide and Seek

Maya's Pov
  "Day one, Sense of smell. According to George a werewolf sense of smell is extremely strong. Not saying that I am doubting him or not believe him but, I decided to put this to the test."

"Maya?" Shawn slowly knocks at my open bedroom door. "Hmm" I hum not taking my eyes of off Josh's mom's book, "Um I just made some hot chocolate and if you want some it's in the kitchen" I nod and he sighs walking out of my bedroom and closing the door. I look up and sigh, Shawn was really trying to win me back and I have to admit I am being pretty hard on him. I close my book and run my fingers through my hair debating whether I should go or not. After a few minutes of arguing with myself I finally drag myself out of my bed and head downstairs.

Once I get to the kitchen I see Shawn making his cup, I walk towards the cupboard and get myself a cup. "Here let me make if for you" Shawn says grabbing my cup from my hands taking me by surprise. "I can make it my self" I chuckle, he nods but continues to pour some hot chocolate in the cup, "I know" he smiles. I lean against the counter and continue watching him do my cup.

After pouring the drink he adds a handful of marshmallows making me chuckle. "And whipped cream" he says grabbing the can and shaking it before spraying some whipped cream on top of the marshmallows. I smile and he hands me my cup, "For the lady" I grab the cup from him and lick some of the whipped cream, "Thank you" he smiles, "Anytime kiddo, we good?" He asks hopefully making me nod "We're good" I kiss his cheek and we both go to the living room where we spent the rest of the night watching movies.

~ ¤ ~ ¤ ~ ¤ ~ ¤ ~ ¤ ~ ¤ ~ ¤ ~ ¤ ~ ¤ ~

"Can I stay at your's after school?" I ask Riley whilst we walk to our lockers after a stressful maths lesson, whoever invented Factorisation can go rot in a hole. "Sure, is your dad going to let you on a school night? I mean I know you two are in good terms but would you want to push your luck?" She asks worridely. "To be honest he's letting me do whatever I want, he doesn't want to risk me getting mad at him again." I explain "Oh then yay!" She says making me chuckle, "Although I know you're going to be attached to the hip with my cousin" she adds making me blush "I don't know what your talking about" She chuckles "Oh really?" She asks. "Gorgeous" Josh says suddenly appearing from nowhere, he walks towards me and pulls me in for a hug "I'm talking about that" Riley says before leaving the both of us alone. "What is she on about?" Josh asks confused whilst I shut my locker, "Me speending the night at yours" I explain making his smile grow wider "Really?" He asks hopefully "Yes really, now come on I still need to go to my place to get some clothes" I say taking his hand and dragging him out if school.

~ ¤ ~ ¤ ~ ¤ ~ ¤ ~ ¤ ~ ¤ ~ ¤ ~ ¤ ~ ¤ ~

Josh's POV
Once Maya finished packing her night back we decide to walk through the forest to go to the pack house. "How was maths?" I ask siddenly realizing that she had a lesson today, I look at her and she cringes "That bad?" I ask chuckling "I want to murder the person who invented Factorisation, so I'm going to go with yes it went that bad" She explains making me laugh "Well gorgeous, I can help you that" I start walking forwards "Factorisation is like a sort of game if you think about, it's quite simple after you understand the rules, tell you what when we get to the pack house I'll help with you with it, that sound good?" I ask turning to face her but she's not there, I furrow my eyebrows and turn around again, "Maya?" I ask hoping she answers, I keep looking around hoping to catch a glimpse of her blonde hair but the more I look around and can't find it the more I get worried. She was there a few seconds ago she couldn't just dissapear. "Maya!" I yell walking back. Suddenly a catch a glimpse of her sent and turn around, she was close, I start smelling the air and fast walk towards where her sent was the strongest. After about five minutes I see her blonde hair. She was walking to the pack house but instead of using the clear path she was walking through the trees, but why? Did i make her mad? Is it because I laughed at her for not understanding factorisation? I start to jog and immediately catch up to her, "Maya" she turns around and I instantly pull her in for a hug, "I'm sorry please don't run away from me, I didn't mean to laugh at you because you don't understand factorisation-" "Josh" she attempts but I cut her off "No Maya, I'm really sorry-" "Josh I'm not mad at you" she says making me pull back a little to catch a glimpse of her smiling face. "You're not?" I ask confused, she shakes her head "No",

"Than why did you run away from me?" I ask making her shrug, "I though it would be fun to see if you'd notice me leave and how long it would take you to find me" she explains making me frown "Fun?" I ask making her nod "Maya! Nothing is fun about a guy randomly not finding his girlfriend in the middle of the woods!" I exclaim making her take a step back "I'm sorry, I didn't think properly" she says lowering her head making me sigh, "Maya" I start walking towards her and lifting her head up "I know you didn't mean to but just next time think of how I would feel when I can't find you, especially in the woods" I smile making her slowly nod "Or next time just warn me that you want to have a game of hide and seek" I smirk making her smile. I slowly lean down and peck her lips "Now come on let's go" I intertwine our fingers together and continue our walk back to the pack house.

"Lesson of the day, never doubt a werewolf sense of smell, especially when you plan on hidding in the woods without warning him. He gets extremely protective and makes you feel bad from running away from him."