2/ Chapter Nineteen

Start from the beginning

Hazel seems to think about it, before accepting and going back to her bubbly self. She wants to go downstairs for breakfast, put I quickly stop her.
"Wait, Hazel. So you know that Grace loves you very much, okay?"
"Yes, Daddy. I know. Can we eat now?" She whines a little, and I chuckle before nodding.

When we arrive downstairs, Mum is flipping the last pancake once more before setting it on the plate with the other steaming pancakes. They look lavishing and cooked perfectly. I look over at the dining table and there are three plates set up with berries on them and a cup of milk in front. Hazel has plastic silverware whereas my mom and I have silver. In front of Hazel's plate is a small card that I'm guessing is from her. In the middles of the table is some butter and syrup.

Hazel is jumping around, squealing and pointing to all the decorations around the house.

"Hey, it's the birthday girl!" Mum cheers, wiping her hands before gathering Hazel in a hug and kissing her face just like I did.
"You're three today! Do you feel any different?" Hazel shakes her head though.
"Nope! M'still me, Nana!" She giggles, tossing her arms at her side.
"Well that's good. I don't want a different Hazel, do you, Harry?" She asks. I also shake my head.
"No thanks! This one is perfect!" I chuckle, and we both tackle her with hugs and tickles and kisses, which leads to Hazel emanating loud giggles in the kitchen.

After a hearty breakfast, with me reading the sweet birthday card from my mum to Hazel, I take my girl upstairs and change her into a cute purple dress with white flowers on it. I also put little tan sandals on her small feet, never really minding people walking around my house in shoes unless they're covered in mud.

While we wait for the guests to arrive, I manage to distract Hazel with 'Peppa Pig' because I know she'll lose her mind trying not to look at all the presents on the table that she can't open yet.

Around ten-ish, the guests start pouring in. First Melissa (of course), then Robin, then Niall and Liam and all my buddies, each one with a gift for Hazel and plenty of kisses and praises and hugs to give her. She is right spoiled today! But that's okay. She deserves to be.

The last guests to arrive are surprisingly my neighbours who live just down the street.
"Nicholas Grimshaw and Michael Maylon. Welcome! Come in, come in." I urge, opening the door wider and letting them in, turning around. "And hello to you two adorable girls," I coo, looking at the small girls; Niamh in Nick's arms and Lily in Michael's. Niamh is two while Lily is three; only a few months older than Hazel. They both wave at me shyly before burying their faces in their dads necks, always being a bit shy.

"Hazel!" Lily squeals, squirming to be let down and go play with her friend. Upon hearing her name being called, Hazel turns to Michael and Lily from where she is standing with Melissa, as the kind woman was helping her count all of her presents.
"Lily!" She returns. Once Lily is let down, the two run to a space in the living room where some of her toys are, and they start playing together.

"Niamh, don't you want to go play with the girls too?" Nick asks softly, bouncing the tiny girl on his hip.
"No," She says in practically a whisper.
"Alright darling. Whenever you feel like it though, just go ahead," Nick says, then turns his attention back to me. "Sorry we're so late. We all slept in a little because this one was keeping me and Michael up all night," He explains, gesturing to Niamh. That must be the reason why she's being all shy and quiet. Usually when she's around me, she's being her cute, bubbly little self.
"It's alright, mate. We've just all been hanging around and catching up. And even if you were really late, I can push Hazel's nap time a little and she won't get too grumpy." I see Nick and Michael let out a sigh of relief.

For the next half an hour or so, I talk with some people that I haven't been able to in a while, including Nick and Michael. Luckily, Niamh finally came out of her shell and went over and played with Lily and Hazel, leaving us three to talk about more adult things. Melissa then also joined us.