2/ Chapter Eight

Hi Harry, it's Melissa. I uh hope you're doing okay. Umm, anyway, I would love to meet up soon to catch up on some things and discuss some thoughts that aren't settled yet. Possibly Starbucks? Let me know what time and place works best. K bye.

My pulse pounds against my neck, heavy breaths getting released from my mouth as I stare at my phone in shock, unable to take my eyes away from it. Melissa has just texted me. This is the girl I used to date before this whole thing happened. But then, like I'm sure any girl would, we broke up after she found out what happened.

It's been nearly two years since we've seen each other. It took me a while to get over her. Though, the heavy weight of taking care of a two-month-old baby pushed away all side thoughts on my girlfriends, my music, and even my parents. For awhile, it was just me taking care of Hazel, along with Niall, Liam, and even some people from work helping me at times.

Now, seeing her text, all feelings I felt when I was with her before came flooding back into my mind. Her face, her hair, her body, the way she smiled, laughed, talked, how much I loved her is coming back into my mind, and I can't help but feel that missing piece of my heart that I felt when we first broke up.

The love that we shared was unlike any other I had ever had with someone. Melissa wasn't like all of those famous girls I had dated before. No, she was just an ordinary women, working as a secretary at a place I did a show at. That's how we met, and over the course of ten months, a beautiful love connection was made.

Sure, Grace too was just an ordinary girl, but as she became more well-known as my girlfriend, the fame got to her at times. I think it was overwhelming for her. She didn't like it. I'm sure Melissa wasn't a big fan of it as well, but she grew accustomed to it. And the hustle and bustle of working as a secretary is a lot like being famous. Having expectations to meet, always having to be in the right place as the right time, always being perfect and smiling for the cameras.

Zooming back into reality, I wipe a few tears that have trickled down my cheek. I really don't know how to handle this situation. It's very surreal at the moment; I feel like I'm in a bit of a daze. I think I should wait a bit until I really understand this concept.

I exit the message and turn my phone off. I walk around the room with my hand cupped around my mouth, trying to get a sense of what's happening. I really can't believe she wants to talk again! What if it's bad though? Then again, as I'm trying to recall our last encounter, I remember that she said that maybe soon we'll talk again, (see chapter seven of part one if you want more info on what happened) I figured that it was the end of 'us'. I would have never thought that she would actually mean it.

Another thought that I have is, has she had any boyfriends since we broke up? Most likely, considering that she's a very beautiful and kind woman. I was so stupid to lie to her. She never deserved that, all she had been was kind to me. The fame must have gotten the best of me to realize that I had lost someone truly wonderful because of one mistake that I made.

It's amazing to think how just one wrong move can change your entire life. The more I think about it though, the more I think that it happens all the time. For instance, you could be enjoying a nice cruise on a beautiful ship, and then the next thing you know, the engine has stopped working and it's like Titanic all over again!

If it weren't for me not using protection that one night, my life wouldn't be like it is now. I never like to call Hazel coming into this world as a 'mistake'. She's an innocent baby. It's not her fault that her parents were ignorant and weren't thinking straight. And now I have her, and fatherhood is....amazing. It's really therapeutic and keeps me grounded.

Sure, it may have been a nightmare at first, but now she's like my rock. My number one priority is her. It's therapeutic to know that someone needs you. It makes me feel important to know that she clings to me and not anyone else, and to know that I'm usually the only one who can calm her down if she's crying is a feeling I think only fathers and mothers can have. To know that if life goes downhill for me, I'll always have the job as a father, and that's a really special feeling. I never thought I would feel this way. Now, I can't imagine my life without Hazel in it.