54

Kenny

"Oh yes, I know his parents. Mr. and Mrs. Long are...interesting." Pastor Jakes said.

"Why would they leave him?" I asked.

"People with addictions do crazy things. What I wanna know is why you and your family haven't been to church? It's been a while."

"I know we've just been so busy and-"

"Too busy for God? That's not Kenny I met 10 years ago." He said.

I sighed, "I didn't mean- We'll come soon. I promise."

"Okay. If you wanna find Coby's parents, one of my community outreach directors know where to find them...ask Joey."

I did as he said and got an address. Toni has been blowing my phone up she's probably mad that I didn't come home. I don't feel like the drama so I let it go to voicemail for the 4th time.

I called Tracey and put her on babysitting duty with Coby while I went to the address. When I got there it was an old rundown house.

Everyone there looked like they hadn't showered in months.
They all looked dazed and some lady was putting a needle in her arm.

"Excuse have you seen these people?" I asked her showing a picture of Coby's parents I took from their house.

She examined it, "He's dead...got ahold to the wrong stuff. She only comes here at night. You got some needles?"

"No. Thanks fo your help." I said before walking away.

******************************

Toni

I held McKenna in my arms rocking her. I couldn't stop the tears as Mila tried to console me.

"McKenna baby please stay with me." I cried. "How much longer?!"

"Almost there....and.....we here." Simon says. When Mila yelled I ran up to McKenna's room. She was just laying there with an empty pill bottle in her hand and she was bleeding from her wrists.

We ran into the emergency room as Simon yelled for a doctor. They immediately came out with a stretcher.

"Ma'am it's best that you stay here. We're going to do everything we can." The nurse said.

They took her back as we stood there. Mila sat down and cried as Simon sighed.

"I'm so sorry." He said touching my shoulder.

"Is this the part where you have social services come and take her away?" I ask.

"No-"

"Then why are you here? Call me old-fashioned but I've never known a principal to make house calls. So, what do you want?" I snapped. I didn't mean to but my mind was racing a million miles a minute.

He sighed staying silent for a second, "I had a friend who was bullied all throughout middle school. One day he just got tired of it all. He took his father's old gun, put one bullet in it, and put it to his head..." he finally said.

"Then what?"

He gave me a small smile, "The gun malfunctioned and I realized my life was worth living. I became principal of the same school I got bullied in."

"I'm sorry."

"It's cool. You're upset, I get it."

"Thank you for helping, I couldn't have done this alone."

"No problem."

*******************************

Kennedi

"Come on girl. We'll be here 10 minutes that's it." Amara said pushing me into the store.

"Yeah, so pick out what you like and we got you." Kiana added.

They started walking around putting things in their purses. I shook my head at them as I looked around. I saw the police officer staring at us intently. Normally I'd be offended but this time he had every right. I tossed him a smile and walked away quickly.

Amara pulled me to the side, "My purse is almost full. Put this in you bag."

"What?! No! Are you crazy?!" I whisper-shouted.

"Just do it! Here." She said stuffing a shirt in my purse.

"HEY!!"

"Run!" Kiana said and we all did.

We ran for the door but the gate came down locking us in the store. Kiana pushed bag her in my hands and I dropped it. Everything fell out. Shit!!

"I got some shoplifters over here." The Officer said. Before we knew it threw more showed up with handcuffs.

"Put your hands behind your back." One of them told me.

I did as he said, "I didn't do anything-"

"Yeah sure. Tell it to the judge, until then you're going downtown." They escorted out of the building with everyone watching.

********************************

Kenny

"Thanks for dropping him off." I said to Tracey as Coby ran outside to the backyard.

"No problem, he's an angel. He kinda reminds me of you. You sure he's not yours?" She joked.

I slightly chuckled, "I'm sure, I couldn't have anymore if I wanted to."

"That doesn't sound good. You wanna talk about it?"

"No, I don't wanna put all my marital issues on you."

I sighed watching him run with his dog, "You're right. He's a great kid, I just can't believe they would just leave him like that."

"At least he has you. You're a great man Kenny." She said looking into my eyes.

She leaned in and so did I for some reason. Her lips captured mine. I don't know if it was anger with my wife or the heat of the moment, but I kissed her back. Our lips moved in sync as I grabbed her waist.

I pulled away hearing the front door closed

I pulled away hearing the front door closed. I then saw the last person I wanted to see.

"Well...don't stop on my account." Toni said sarcastically.

Sex and Cigarettes...go get it, NOW🔥🔥🔥

Also, check out Earned It by XoCydneXo 😈😘