44

Kenny

"Mr. Edmonds! Mr. Edmonds! How do you feel about your wife suing your company?"

"Is it true that she's going broke?"

"Are you two headed for divorce?"

I ignored all the paparazzi as I walked into LaFace. It's been 2 days and this shit is already all over the media. I can't believe this is happening. I hopped on the elevator and pressed my floor number.

"Kenny? Hi!" I heard from behind me.

I turned around and smiled, "Tracey, hey. What are you doing here?"

"I have a meeting with Mr. Reid. The media is crazy out there I could barely get in the building."

"Yeah..."

"I'm sorry about your lawsuit."

"Thanks, I guess."

"I bought mocha lattés for everyone. Here it'll make you feel better." She said handing me a cup.

"Thank you Tracey."

The elevator stopped and we both got out. I forgot L.A. and I are on the same floor.

"You know Kenny, if you need someone to talk to...I'm here."

I nodded before heading to my office. I sat at my desk and opened my laptop. I browsed in the internet and seeing the same drama with me and Toni all over the news. Some of the stuff wasn't even true. Some made it seem like we stole all her money and others were making it seem like she spent it all. Either way I needed a lawyer.

******************************

Kennedi

"Kennedi! Wait up!"

I scoffed as Romeo speeded behind me, "What do you want?"

He got in front of me and I stopped, "Look, I'm sorry about what I said. It wasn't my place to judge you. I just don't want you to be like me." He said.

"I'm not like you."

"I know. Can we start over?"

I sighed, "Fine."

"Thank you. You up for smoothies after school?" He asked with a hopeful smile.

"Sure."

"Cool. I'll see you later."

He kissed my cheek and walked away. Just as he did I heard whistling coming from behind me. I turned around trying to hide my blush.

"I see you two are cool again." Amara said.

"Y'all are so damn nosy."

"Whatever. After school we hitting up the mall right?" Kiana asked.

"Sure..."

*******************************
Toni

"Yes Toni!! Tilt your head left a bit more...more...more...perfect!! Give me seductive." The photographer instructed.

The label loves the songs I have so far for the album and even suggested some ideas for the image...Red. I'm still not sure about this change so Jeff hired a stylist to help me pick from a range of red wigs. So far I'm warming up to it. Hopefully my fans will like it.