67.

Kennedi

"Romeo, please wake up. As crazy as it sounds, I need you. I know I always say you get on my nerves but I don't mean it. The truth is, I can't function without you." I said to his still body. He was just laying there in a coma like he has been for the past 2 weeks.
I heard a knock on the door and looked up. It was mom. "Hey." I said as she sat next to me.

"He'll wake up soon. Until then why don't you go home and get some rest?" She suggested.

"Mom I can't leave him, what if he wakes up and he's alone?"

"He won't be. His family is here and I told the doctor to call us as soon as he wakes up."

"Mom? How did you know you were in love with Dad?" I asked looking down at my hands. I could tell she was caught off guard. I think she actually stopped breathing for a second.

"Well...when he was willing to sacrifice everything for me. I knew." She said simply.

"So I'm entitled to be in love with Romeo, right?" I asked seeing as though he did take a few bullets for me. He didn't care about anything else but protecting me.

"If you didn't love him after all this, I'd slap you." She chuckled.

"I can't tell him though."

"Why not?"

"Mom I'm not all sweet and affectionate like you and Dad."

She scoffed, "You are, you just put up this hard ass shell because you're afraid of rejection. Deep down my sweet little girl is in there."

"I guess."

"You know, someone has been asking for you. He could use some comforting too."

I smiled, "Give me a minute please?"

She nodded and walked out. I looked at Romeo before leaning over and pecking his lips.

"My brother needs me right now, but I'll be back first thing in the morning. I...I love you." I spit out before leaving with Mom.

*******************************

Kenny

"How are you feeling?" I asked Coby as I adjusted his pillows. The bullet only grazed him leaving a scar near his rib cage. The doctors bandaged him up and sent him home the next day.

"I'm okay...some more ice cream would make me feel better." He said with a grin.

"Nice try. No more ice cream buddy."

"You're not a very good nurse."

"Knock knock!" We heard.

"Kennedi!!" Coby cheered.

"Hey!" She said hugging him gently. Those two are always so happy to see each other yet they're always arguing.

"I missed you!" He told her.

"You did? Even though I was mean to you?"

"Yes, I know you don't mean it. TT says it's just because you're a dumb teenager with bad manners-"

"Okay! Let's talk about something else." Toni interrupted as Kennedi side eyed her.

Kennedi sighed, "Coby I'm sorry that this happened."

"It's just scar...you wanna see it?" He asked already lifting up his shirt.

"Wow."

"Cool right? Mila said I can get a tattoo on it when I get older."