45

McKenna

We all sat at the table eating dinner. No one was saying anything and it was weird. Mom was silent but slamming the fork in her salad very loudly. Kennedi and Mila stared at her in horror.

"Mom are you okay?" Mila asked.

Kennedi scoffed, "Of course she's not, look at her. What did Dad do?"

"You don't know if it was Dad, maybe she's having her own crisis."

"You are a crisis."

"Shut up."

"You shut up." She shot back before Mom intervened.

"Kennedi-"

"Why do you always get on my case? She started it by asking a stupid question!! You're always on her side."

"Nedi thats not-"

"Forget it."

She got up from the table and went upstairs. Mila rolled her eyes and went into the kitchen. Mom sighed and went after Mila leaving me alone.

Sometimes I feel like everyone else is one big family and I'm just here alone. I sighed while finishing the last of my fruit salad.

********************************
Kenny

"LA, were you able to get me a copy of Toni's contract?" I asked coming into his office.

"Umm Yeah."

He went into his file cabinet and pulled out a folder with Toni's name on it. I read over it and frowned. "This isn't fair at all. What the hell?"

"Face, look not all contracts are fair-"

"And not all contracts are supposed to only work out in YOUR favor. I'm not making this much and I'm the one who wrote and produced all the songs. Is this the same whack ass deal you gave T-Boz, Chili, and Lisa? Now I see why they tore your office up."

"Look it's just business. Yes, you wrote all the music but someone has to make the money to keep this company afloat." He said.

"Is that what you're going to tell the judge? LA, I'm not into doing bad business. This is a partnership and I can't be in business with shady people."

"I'm doing what's best for us and this company-"

"You're doing what's best for you. When the time comes, I'm gonna do what's right by everyone. Pull this again, and I'm out of here." I said before leaving.

*******************************

Toni

I left Mila's room and went straight to Kennedi's. I knocked on the door. "Go away!!" She said.

"Nedi I just wanna talk." I said.

"I don't want to talk to you."

"Girl open this damn door!"