56

2 weeks later...

Kenny

"Toni can we talk about this? We haven't spoken in two weeks." I asked in frustration watching her put clothes into a suitcase.

"I have nothing to say to you."

"So you're just gonna leave?"

She sigh and looked at me, "We need some time apart Kenny. You know who to call when you get lonely."

"I don't want her-"

"Don't lie. I saw that kiss, you feel something for her. You kissed her they same way you kiss me and I can't get that image out of my head."

"Toni-" I was interrupted by the doorbell. I huffed, "This conversation isn't over."

I went downstairs and opened the door. "Hello."

"H-Hi, I'm...I'm Clara...Ms. Joy gave me the letter you left." The lady said. She was really thin and seemed a little anxious.

"Oh, you're Coby's mother. Nice to meet you. Come in, he's upstairs."

She shook her head, "I'm okay here. I don't want him to see me like this. I don't deserve to see him after what I've done anyway."

"Why did you leave him alone?" I asked bluntly.

"I wasn't thinking clearly, neither of us were. He was better off on his own anyway."

"He's 5! What about a 5 year old boy alone in a big ass house makes sense?"

"I don't know!! I just...I messed up.  After Calvin got dropped from the baseball team, he started doing coke again. I tried it once and couldn't stop. Calvin overdosed a couple weeks ago and now I'm on my own. I can't take care of Coby by myself...not like this."

"So what are you saying?"

"I read your letter, tell Coby I love him." She said handing me an envelope. She walked off and got into her car.

I closed the door and sighed. I opened the envelope and read the papers. I didn't know whether to be happy or upset.

Toni came downstairs with her suitcases. The girls were right behind her.

"Really?" I asked.

"What?"

"You're not taking my kids with you."

She scoffed, "I do what I want with MY kids. You can call them anytime. Letters and emails work too." She said walking past me.

"Toni!!"

"Sorry Dad. I'll miss you." Mila said hugging me.

Kennedi came after her, "Bye Daddy."

"Later Dad." McKenna said.

"Bye girls."

I sighed. I'm upset I wanna go get my woman but right now Coby is the priority and I have a decision to make.

I looked at him, "Well I guess it's just you and me buddy."

"Don't forget Manny." He said as the dog came in parking himself on the floor near the couch.

"Of course. You wanna watch a movie?"

"Spider-Man!!"

"Let's do it!"

*******************************

Toni

The girls and I boarded my private jet and took off. I agreed to the residency in Vegas and I think these girls could use a new scenery especially McKenna.