Chapter 7

Quinton heart has been slowly cracking as the hours went on. He thought she'd come back, that it was just a moment... that she would see they are meant to become one together. Hazel is his other half. He's been keeping his tears back, he's not weak. He wasn't going to be weak. He can't be weak.

Hazel's beautiful features and her voice clouded his brain, preventing him to be able to think clearly. He needed her, but she didn't want him. Quinton wanted Hazel in his life, he would do anything to be with her or at least give him a chance. However, she's committed. Determined. Quinton didn't want to destroy that. He couldn't bring himself to pull her away from everything she's worked for. Everything she knew and loved.

He was going to win her over. Hazel will be Quinton's. Quinton will be Hazel's.

Tossing his thoughts to the back of his head, he attempts to do his Alpha work. War is arising between the Lycans and the Vargulfs, he just knew it. He was pretty sure Hazel knew it too, after that phone call he had with her. She's smart. He closed his eyes, he needs to forget about her.

"I need to look at security," Quinton mumbles. Flicking through the pages, he began to wander how the Vargulfs got in. High walls surrounded the pack grounds, they couldn't have just walked in freely. The gates were shut, like any other night. Someone must have opened the gates for them. But how? There's no way to open them from the outside. Someone from the inside must be helping them. A trader. A mole.

Traders and moles don't last long in Dustfall. Quinton gives them no sympathy. There shot dead without being thought twice about.

His phone rings and it echoes through his silence office. He reaches out and grabs the phone, bringing it up to his ear. "Alpha Quinton of the Dustfall pack speaking."

"This is Alpha Hazel again. I have information on the Vargulfs," she informs him. Quinton nods and then realises she can't see him.

"Care to share?"

"That is why I'm calling. Their leader is Oscar Hays and what I've gathered he's a Rogue that was banished from your pack ten years ago. He wants our land. He's building an army. He wants to defeat us and become the strongest," she explains and Quinton's jaw drops a little. He composes himself.

"How do you know all this?" He asks trying to hold the confidence in his voice.

"My Beta and third in command locked two Vargulfs up. One of them spilled. He got scared. Have you got anything on Oscar Hays?" She questions him. He runs the name through his head and it sounds familiar, but couldn't pin any information on him.

"No, but I'll find out about him. There probably a file on him and then I will call you," he tells her, opening a drawer and looking for the file cabinet key.

"Great, thank you. I have to go now. I hope we can work together to defeat them," before he could reply, she hangs up the phone. He pulls back and looks at the phone.

Did she just hang up on me?

Shaking his head, Quinton sets the phone down. He slowly stands up off his chair, with the key gripped in his hand. Strolling across the room, he stops in front of the grey cabinets.

"Oscar Hays..." he mumbles opening the first draw. He does a brief look over and continues to do this through each drawer. He reaches the third one and begins pulling them up looking at each name. Bingo. Oscar Hays. He runs his hand across the front, the word CONFIDENTIAL was stamped across in red letters. Quinton takes a deep breath, opening it.

Basic information is written about Oscar Hays on the first page, such as his date of birth and who his parents are. He flicks the white page over and rests it on the left side of the file. BANISHED. His finger runs over the capital letters in black bold writing.  He begins to read.