Chapter 37 - Blowing Leap

The Darker Side Of The Moon
Book 4 of The Black Moon series
Chapter 37: Blowing Leap

Jeremy's POV – Monday 19 October 2015

Right... It's time to go...

I give a light knock on Gary's office door and wave him goodbye. He is sitting at his desk, gorgeous as ever in his white dress shirt with the first button undone and speaking with his team in Chicago. A sparkle of concern flashes across his face when he notices my presence.

"Wait a second!" he mouths to me, raising a finger. "Guys, let's take a five-minute break," he then adds in the microphone of his headset before he takes it off, rests the device on his desk and stands up to walk to me. "Will you be okay?" he asks once he has pushed me back into the living room and shut his door.

"Yes, don't worry!" I sigh, rolling my eyes.

"Will you remember the way to Dr. Fenton's?"

"Gary, I've been going there three times a week for the past month and it's only ten minutes from here, so yeah... I think I should manage!" I reply with a smile.

"Okay... You have your phone?"

"Yes, I do!!" I sigh with mock exasperation. "And before you ask, yes, I'm going straight there and back, I'll send you a text when I arrive and another one before I leave. And I won't speak to strangers or accept candies from them, Daddy..." I add playfully, wrapping my arms around his neck and standing on my tiptoes to kiss him.

"It's not even funny, Jer..." he replies, tightening his hold around my waist.

Yes, this is probably a bad joke, but I wanted to loosen up his tension. Gary needs to attend meetings by videoconference since he cancelled his trip to Chicago and therefore cannot walk me to my session with my therapist. This is the first time I'm going out alone and I think Gary is stressing more than I do. Not that I don't either, but it's time for me to move on and fight my stupid fears. We're in London and I'm safe!

"Sorry..." I whisper against his lips, pecking them one more time. "Just don't worry. I'll be back in about an hour."

"You'd better. I love you!"

"Me too..." I reply as I kiss him one last time and disentangle from his hold.

With a smile, I turn around and go put my coat on before I head out.

My smile quickly fades away once I'm in the street, though. I'm already missing Gary's presence by my side, but I can't let my fears wash over me. Nothing can happen here, and as I pick up speed, I try to review all the positive thoughts that convinced me I could do this. Gary tried to talk me into cancelling today's appointment, but I insisted on keeping it because there are things I need to urgently discuss with Dr. Fenton.

Like I told him, there's nothing to worry about because the Devil won't find me here. London is my safe place and in all objectivity, I can't imagine how that bastard of Andrei would know about my presence here, and even if he did, he just wouldn't be able to fly so far, especially with the international warrant for arrest against him.

And then, there was also great news this weekend! I was a bit scared on Sunday when Gary said he had important information and I saw him tiptoe around me. My first thought was Shit! They've fixed the date for Fabio's trial and I'll have to fly to Chicago! Quite the opposite actually!

Gary explained that Fabio had been found dead in his cell on Friday morning. Tony Jacobson had informed him briefly, but Gary waited to know more to tell me about it.