Prologue

Running... Running like a mad man...

Am I even still a man? To be honest, after so many days, weeks, months secluded from the rest of the world, I no longer know what I am.

Kiiiiiiiiitten

Slave sounds more logical to my ears. Sex slave to be more precise. Kitten has become my name...

But a man?

You don't abduct a man to make him yours.

You don't steal a man from his family, friends and lover.

You don't collar a man against his will.

You don't treat a man like an object and chain him to make sure your property won't escape.

You don't confine a man in the basement of a house for unlimited time.

You don't abuse a man, both mentally and sexually.

Even criminals are treated better than that in jail.

A sex slave.

This is what I have been for almost seventeen months. Seventeen long months of captivity, used and abused by two devils. But I am finally given a real opportunity to escape and I can't miss it! So I am running. I'm running like a mad man, even if I don't know if I can still be considered as such. I don't care.

I guess I still am, otherwise I wouldn't have felt the urge to try and flee. Seventeen months confined and abused have to wear their toll on your mind. Your thoughts are not always coherent. Fear prevents you from thinking properly. Threats make you comply with the most digusting commands. You just don't have a choice.

To be entirely honest, only a few weeks ago, I would have never dared an attempt at escaping. For fear of being hurt again. For fear of seeing the ones I love being hurt. I wouldn't be able to live with that. Yeah... I have been trained to obey, to be a good pet. No, not trained. Conditioned!

But then something happened. Noah happened.

Without knowing it, Noah revived a little part of the man I used to be. The fighter. The rebel. The hopeful guy. He instilled a bit of his strength. Just enough to rekindle the flame within me. So there is no way I am going to miss this chance I am given.

Kitteeeeeeeeen!!!!!

The threat is still close. That voice is freezing me but I can't afford not to try harder. I don't want to return to this hell. If only there was hope he would kill me, maybe. If that meant the end of my sufferance, why not? But I wouldn't be that lucky, no. He wouldn't kill me. He would torture me to no end. He would make me pay the highest price for trying to escape again. And then everything would return to normal. His idea of normal. To me, it's hell.

Kiiiiiiitteeeeeeeeeen!!!

Tears are blurring my sight.

The smell of my blood is making me nauseous.

My lungs are aching, no longer used to such physical activity.

My muscles hurt to the point I wonder if they will be able to carry me away. Or how long they will support my weight.

My entire body is screaming with soreness.

Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitten!!!

I stumble and fall, breathing heavily. More scratches on my feet, my knees, my hands. I feel like I can't go on. Yet, my mind doesn't seem to agree. It pulls out the image of a beautiful man. Dark hair. Mischievous chocolate eyes. The one man to whom I owe all the good things that happened in my life. Aaron Cox... The one I could consider as my big brother.

And next to him is another gorgeous man. The most handsome I have ever met. Silky dark hair. Intense brown eyes. A three-day stubble. Gary Campbell. The one man who put me back on the right tracks when my life was going down the gutter. The one man I fell for.

Images can't speak, but I know what these two men would tell me right now. Fight, Jer! You're almost there! Come on, Boy! Try harder, you can do this!

Kitten!!??

I can't let that voice get closer to me. I need to pull myself through and run away. I need to ignore the physical pain and only think about the promise of seeing my lover again.

Kitten...

Please, God... Someone... Anyone... Help me!

Or else, let me die...

Published on 13 September 2017

This is a short prologue, but prologues don't have to be long, right? They just need to give the reader a glimpse into the story. A taste of what the reader should expect. Giving him or her various emotions. Hope. Fear. Sadness. Pain. Anxiety.

I don't know if I reached that purpose here, but this is what I came up with. Just a little insight into the darker side of the Black Moon series. I know the last chapter I published in Twisted Moon (73...) was very frustrating and some of you have a lot of questions that I can't answer right now.

So here you got a little insight into Jeremy's head (it's really him this time, I'm not going to go all Twisted-Moon-Prologue again...). It's not much, but now that the latest plot twist has been revealed in the previous book, I think it's nice to publish the prologue. I hope it will give you a bit of hope. If you paid attention to details, you should be able to situate this passage in the timeline.

Like I said before, yes The Darker Side Of The Moon is almost completely written, but I won't start publishing until mid-December, so be patient. And till then... Enjoy the end of Twisted Moon, because there's still plenty of things coming up! It's almost time to heal Daddy and Baby Boy ;)

And on a separate note, happy birthday @SamSpinelli 😘