Chapter 21 - My Name Is Gary Campbell

The Darker Side Of The Moon
Book 4 of The Black Moon series
Chapter 21: My Name Is Gary Campbell

Gary's POV – Sunday 9 August 2015

Love.

Love is the greatest emotion of all.

This is what brings you closer to someone else. This is what makes that someone the most important person in your life. The one you'd give your life for. The one for whom you can fight any problem. Love is a powerful feeling that can uplift your mood and make you stronger than you have ever been before. An emotion that can make you move on when you face issues. A feeling that makes your heart beat so fast that it could pop out of your chest. I have felt this and loved it.

Love.

Love can be the worst emotion of all too.

That's what happens when the one you love doesn't return your feelings. When that special someone runs away or is taken from you. In these cases, be sure that love becomes the most harmful weapon ever created and that its wounds can hurt you really deep. So deep that you feel like a wreck. Of course, you can't show this to your close circle. You must show yourself strong. You must hide the addictions you might fall to. You cannot afford to let people see what you have become. But deep down, you're just a pathetic mess. Sadly, I have felt that too and hated it.

I still do actually.

I was lucky to experience the first category, a long time ago. I too felt the delicious sensation of my heart thumping in my chest at the mere thought of the man I loved. Just being around him was the most wonderful thing of all.

I was what is called a Dominant in the BDSM lifestyle and he was my Submissive, but our relationship went much beyond the boundaries of BDSM. At least to me.

I believe it was his case too, but I can't be a hundred percent sure. I like to think it was and that he was close to realize that we were much more than a Dom and a Sub. I am actually certain that he knew it deep down, even if he understood it later than I did. Much later because I knew almost right from the start.

I can't really explain what went through my head back then, at the time I offered him our first contract. I had seen him before at the Black Diamond, the BDSM club I was a member of. I had even played with him between two contracts with other Subs, but things were different.

When I joined this lifestyle, I was seeking control over my partner, body and mind, but without real infatuation. Like many people, I knew that love can hurt, and I was deceived back in my college years. Enough for me to avoid feelings of any sort ever again.

Taking Subs under contracts sounded like the most fitted solution for me. I didn't want to go for one-night stands only, because I needed more than that. At the same time, I didn't want to get involved in long relationships either, where feelings might settle down. So, three-month contracts sounded like a good compromise to me. They would allow me to exert my dominance on a guy's mind just enough to help him to get on the right rails. Not long enough to fall for that person. No real strings attached other than a few sheets of paper with duties and rules. And it was working pretty well!

But it was without counting on Aaron Cox's ruses... This guy...

This guy is one of my best friends, the closest I have in the United States, and he is the owner / Master Dom of the Black Diamond. I met him back in 2007 when he bought a crappy similar club I was already a member of. This was before the birth of the Black Moon nightclub, the one he owns now and within which he established a kinky private area. Anyway, we immediately hit it off and grew very close.