'RagLak' Only His

Banner credit: Sanskruti (India-Forums)

Ragini looked at the mirror when Swara put the veil on her head. Everything was going to get over today. Every memories they had made together was going to be just in memories today. Her parents were happy for this step of hers. When happiness and enjoyment was pouring in the house, only her heart wept on this occasion. She was unhappy. She was completely shattered and was not ready for another relationship by any means. To be honest, she was holding on to the edge of her life. She found no reason to live as the love of her life; Lakshya Maheswari was supposedly having a new happy family.

The thought of remarrying, being a wife to someone else suffocated her. She felt disgusted. But again, all the trials of making him accept the truth has been failed. It was the only way to prove that he is her Lakshya, not some Abhimanyu Khanna. Swara and Sanskaar were not sure of this idea and after so much trying and convincing, they agreed for Ragini's sake. They trusted her trust. But she needed time to re think about her life. By chance if Lakshya didn’t come to stop this marriage, her life was then all set to take a 360 turn after another marriage. Another marriage, Seriously? What in the world has been destined for her. But it didn't fail to make her realize that prince charming and perfect, happily ever after exists only in fairytales.

She was unable to share or gulp her sadness and agony with either her sister Swara or her best friend Sanskaar. Even they didn't bother her much realising that she needed to compose herself about the fact that she will no longer belong to Lakshya once this engagement happens. But a small part of her wished that he comes to make her his so that she could be hidden in his arms now, forgetting the world behind and being completely loved and secured by the man she loves.

When Sanskaar and Swara invited him for Ragini's engagement, Lakshya felt like the earth slipping down his feet. He wanted to shout and confess to his brother and sister-in-law that he is Lakshya and stop his Ragini from engaging with that jerk, some Nikhil. He cursed himself for taking such a decision and staying away from her for such a long time. He was being restless and jealous about Ragini marrying someone else. He just couldn't digest the truth that Ragini could take such a big step even without considering his presence. But then why would she, he thought. Why would she worry about him after all the torture he has done for her? He himself said that he is not her Lakshya and to stay away from him. It shattered his heart to think her with a different man; him touching her, holding her, kissing her. Frustrated Lakshya, threw his laptop.

As Lakshya reached the Garodia residence, he parked his car behind the house so that he could sneak into the house though Ragini's room. He was becoming very nervous and restless. But without the knowledge of many, Lakshya sneaked slowly through the window into the room. Hiding behind the curtains he saw Ragini slowly sliding down her bangles one by one like she cares less. She was sitting in front of the mirror, in a mess. Her hair was tied but all scrambled, face dried and pale, and her body was noticeably looking very weak. Lakshya realized how much she has lost weight when he saw the top of her lehenga sliding loosely off one of her shoulder.

Lakshya couldn't even fathom the image in front of him. What has he put her through? As tears started gathering in the corner of his eye, he saw Swara coming inside the room.

"Ready?" She asked holding her shoulder from both sides.

"Almost." Ragini sighed. "It would work, wouldn't it?"

"It will." Swara assured her but the next moment, she feared a little.

Ragini left the room with her and Lakshya followed. He gathered his courage to see her for the last time. She would noe no longer called Mrs. Ragini Lakshya Maheswari which was a pride for her. He was going to lose her, forever. There was sadness, tears but also a determination in his eyes. He was sure to see the whole ceremony, keeping himself strong. He saw Nikhil and Ragini on stage. Nikhil looked happy while Ragini had a fake smile.

She had felt his presence inside the room and now here. The slow music echoed in her ears but all she could hear was his heartbeat. She looked at the entrance of the baadi, waiting as if he would walk in anytime. She looked at her hand in a jerk when she realised Nikhil held her in order to slid the ring. 

"Lakshya!" Ragini whispered as she closed her eyes.

"You can't do this to us, Ragini." Lakshya said only to realised that he had spoke those words aloud.

Everyone looked at him confused and Ragini had tears rolling down seeing him. Lakshya didn’t understand what to say. The only thing he could get right then and there that Ragini was his and only his. He gathered confidence and marched towards her.

"You can't marry him. I can't see you getting engaged with anyone else." He saaid as he bowed his face down.

Ragini walked towards him, lifting his face with her hands and tears rolling down her eyes said, "Why? Why can't see me get married to someone else?"

Lakshya closed his eyes not able to abide her piercing gaze.

"The same reason you cannot stand me introducing someone else as my wife." He said still looking down as his feet.

"It's because I love my Lakshya but you aren't my Lakshya, right? Then why is it hurting you so much? Why can't I marry someone else?"

She waited sometime for him to answer. But he just stared at his foot. Ragini turned and started moving towards the podium.

"Because I am your Lakshya, Ragini. And I love you. Please don't do this engagement." He said in a single breath.

Ragini's heart started pounding and she wanted to do a happy dance but all she did was just jump into his arms and hugged him tightly. To his surprise, everyone started clapping along with Nikhil. He came towards them as Lakshya broke the hug.

"If you were a single minute late, our plan would have failed." Nikhil said in a sigh of relief.

"Plan?" Lakshya asked in confusion. "What plan?"

"It was all Ragini's plan to make you confess." Sanskaar said as he hugged him.

Lakshya looked at Ragini in surprise unable to believe the extent of her determination. The next minute, his thoughts turned to Mansi and Mishthy but he smiled at Ragini, realising that they could win every hurdle when they are together. Right now, he wanted to believe that everything would be fine by the time.

Read my RagLak Stories

--Betrayal-- and --Born to hate--

Find them in my profile!