Chapter 18.2|

Chapter Eighteen| (Part 2)

Her eyes held hurt, shock and confusion all at once. She put a hand over her mouth, tears quickly spilling down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry."

___________________________

"Wake up!" A high pitched voice ripping me out of my slumber. Groaning, I grabbed the pillow beside me, put it over my face and pulled the ends of the pillow to cover my ears.

"Five more minutes." I tried saying though I sounded muffled.

Swiftly, the pillow was yanked away from me and I was met with dark hair and blue eyes that belonged to my best friend/girlfriend.

"Come on, it's tour time!" She squealed, yanking the covers off of me as well.

I scoffed, "And by tour time you mean sneaking away from the chaperones and going off to find your mother right?" She shrugged with a playful smirk.

"Maybe."

I sighed, lifting my back off from the bed so I could be in a sitting position. "Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked her, hoping she'd just back out and enjoy this trip without her mother.

But she nodded eagerly. She grabbed my arm, pulling me off the bed. Ainsley then pushed me towards the bathroom.

"Hurry and get ready! We're leaving in 20 minutes!"

"Whatever!" I yelled, stomping into the bathroom. I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth and slipped on the first thing I saw when I opened up my suitcase.

As I was putting my hair up in a bun, Ainsley barged in. "Hey, ready to–" She paused when she examined my outfit. She gasped. "What in the world are you wearing?"

I raised a brow at her. "Uh...clothes?"

I didn't see anything wrong. I was wearing a black thrasher shirt, grey sweatpants and socks with Nike slides.

"We're about to meet the CEO of a big enterprise and that is how you dress?" Ainsley asked, looking flabbergasted. Her hand went on her hip as she scoffed at me.

I shrugged. "She's your mom, right? So she won't care how we dress." She gasped even louder. She did look nice though. She was wearing a floral dress with red and white flowers covering the dress, white flats while her long dark hair flowed down her back. She was also coated with light makeup. I grinned at her outfit. "I like your outfit."

"Thanks baby." My eyes widened at the nickname.

"W–wha–" I stammered on my words that she chuckled at.

"Are you okay?" She asked while smiling. She definitely knew that nickname affected me.

Baby.

I had forgotten that we were even dating. We acted like best friends just minutes ago. We acted like how we always were with each other. It didn't seem like we were dating.

Because we aren't. All of it is fake and I don't even know who's plan I'm following anymore.

I suddenly found myself frowning. I'm supposed to be her friend but here I was...playing her.

"Reyna, are you okay? Really...are you okay?" Her hand found its way to my cheek, stroking it softly. I found myself leaning towards her hand and shutting myself.

"Forgive me." I whispered to myself. "Understand and forgive."

She didn't seem to hear which was good. She pecked my cheek. "Turn that smile upside down. Now let's going, Ms. Young is probably looking for us."