Chapter 16|

Chapter Sixteen|

Winter break had finally arrived and I was having the time of my life.

Angel was here with Danielle which made things a bit better at home. If she didn't come, I don't think winter break would be good at all. It was still hard with Mom being in my presence.

As for Claire, I had been taking care of her when Mom was at work. Now that it was just the three of us, things were hard. I really missed Vicky. As much as I didn't like my mother at that moment, she was broken and I couldn't watch it any longer.

I sat Claire down on my lap as Angel sat beside me.

"Vicky and Mom are not over. I think we know that, right?" I asked Angel.

She nodded hastily. "But she cheated and kept a whole baby away from her. I don't know that's a lot. Even for me and I'm pretty forgiving."

I sighed. She did make a point but Vicky needs to know that cheating on her was a mistake. She never wanted to hurt her.

I wrapped my arms around Claire as she leaned back onto my chest. "Ang, what if...what if it's too late? What if they'll never get back together?"

Angel shook her head. "They love each other too much. What we have to do is go find Vicky and try to convince her."

"But what if we can't?"

"Then we'll have to butt out of it. It's their relationship not ours."

I frowned and looked at the green eyed girl sitting on my lap. She had her fingers in her mouth. "I don't want this one to think that she was the mistake that broke them apart."

Angel grinned while playing with Claire's hair. "Neither do I."

--------

The door flew open to reveal Vicky. Her eyes had widened as she watched Angel and I.

"Girls, what are you doing here?" She asked, seeming concerned for us.

I looked up at Vicky. "You can't leave Mom."

She sighed, face palming herself. "You're defending her?"

"She made a mistake and she regrets it so much. She's lost without you. Please come back!" Angel pleaded. I glanced at my sister in absolute confusion. We were in the car talking about acting calm and settle. So much for that.

Vicky wasn't very hard to convince but by the look on her face, she just wasn't ready. "I appreciate what you girls are doing for your mother but put yourself in my shoes, would you forgive her that easily?"

No I wouldn't. She lied. She cheated. She kept a secret. Secrets were never allowed in the Cassanova house. Dad made that rule and she went against it.

"It would be so hard to walk in that house with a little girl who's so lost and doesn't even know her own mother because she kept her a secret and away from her family. Imagine being Claire. I would be sick to my stomach because my mom didn't want me."

"I understand, Vicky. We shouldn't have come here, thinking that you could just take her back so easily." I told her and she smiled.

Her hand landed on my shoulders. "It's okay. You just want the best for your mother but maybe you should let your mother figure that out like how I'm figuring that out too."