Chapter 12|

Chapter Twelve|

The door swung open and there was Ainsley looking back at me. She wrapped her arms around her torso, seeming somewhat tense around me. Her eyes were down, looking at the ground.

She slowly brought her head up. "Reyna what–" Then paused when she saw stained tears. "Oh my, what happened?"

"I'm so sorry," I croaked out. I grabbed her hands. "God, I'm so sorry."

She didn't say anymore after that but only pulled me inside. Once she shut the door, I was pulled into an embrace. A very tight one that included her fingers rubbing circles on my back and her whispering in my ear.

"It's okay," She whispered. "Tell me what happened."

"My Mom's a cheater! She...she cheated on Vicky and now she has another daughter. And guess who she told first? Angel!" I cried out through my tears.

"What? I can't see your Mom doing something like that," She said, running her fingers through my hair.

I shrugged. "That's what I thought too. I didn't want to believe it but when I saw that girl, I saw my Mom and I...it was like I knew what she was going to say but I didn't expect it."

Her hands wrapped around my wrist. "Come on, lets go to my room." Nodding, I was pulled up the endless stairs.

When we arrived in her room, she placed me down on the bed and then left the room.

Wiping my tears, I looked around, examining her room until she came back.

"Here," She put out a glass of water. I took it and took a tiny sip while I felt the bed being pushed down and felt a hand touch my thigh.

"Oh sorry," She whispered before quickly moving her hand off my thigh. I glanced and noticed that her cheeks were flushed.

"I'm sorry with what's going on right now. I don't think you deserve all of this," She softly spoke.

Sniffing, I replied. "It's fine." We ended up sitting in silence until the memories of me asking Ainsley to be my girlfriend came to mind. And her surprising reaction which I wasn't hoping for.

"Why didn't you answer?" I blurted out, letting my curiosity take over.

"What?" She asked with furrowed eyebrows. I mean it was expected for her to say that.

"When I asked you out. You didn't answer," I reminded her and I knew she had remembered it from the frown that had appeared on her face.

She sighed and started playing with the designs on her bed covers. "I don't think you really like me."

My heart immediately started racing. How the hell did she find out? Wait, did she? I mean she might be just thinking that. Oh god, she can't find out about May's dumb plan that I'm somewhat involved in.

"I do like you," I lied, while turning to face her. I could feel her heavy breathing on my face and it did not disturb me in any way. "I like you a lot." I said a lot softer and I think I might've meant that.

As a friend of course!

"You do?" She asked with such hope in her voice. I nodded with a small smile to hopefully get rid of the frown and replace it with a smile as well. "Maybe we should go out on a few more dates before...we make it official, you know?"

"You think so?" I asked. I was happy and upset that she said that. Happy because I get to spend more and more time with my best friend and upset because May was totally going to bug me about how I can't get this girl to be my girlfriend already.