Chapter Forty-one: First Meeting

Start from the beginning

Lolo was about to turn right on his way when all of a sudden, I saw him halted. Confusion and worry laid on his face as he looked down probably to search the ground for something.

Did he lost something? I asked mentally to myself.

Being the child that my parents raised, I quickly walked towards him to offer some help.

"Excuse me sir. Good afternoon" I greeted politely.

The man's head snapped at my direction. Despite his current predicament he still managed put a smile as he answer though. "Hello hijo. Good afternoon to you too."

"Ahm I didn't mean to pry sir but I noticed you from where I was standing earlier....." I pointed the E.R. for a second. ".....and you seem to be having some trouble. I am just wondering if you need some help, it'll be a pleasure."

Lolo's smile automatically widened in response to what I said.

"Nako maraming salamat hijo. Kay bait mo namang bata. Hmnn oo eh sa katunayan niyan nawawala nga yung suot kong maliit na adorno dito sa aking kwelyo." I saw him touched the collar of his shirt. "Nahulog yata sa kung saan, hindi ko mawari."

After telling his story, he shook his head in frustration.

While on the other hand, I scratched my head though. His words only got me confused because I didn't understand a thing apart from 'salamat' and 'hijo'

Those were surely some deep Tagalog wew!

"Ahm sorry po but can you please repeat that sir? And what's adorno?" Despite feeling a little bit ashamed, I still tried to ask in the best of my Tagalog.

"Ay oo nga pala!" Understanding suddenly dawned on his face. "Pin hijo. I was looking for a small pin that I put on my collar earlier. Before I left that building....." He pointed at one of the hospital's buildings behind our backs. ".....I swear I still have it, so it probably got lost while I was walking somewhere here."

Oo nga pala?

My forehead creased at those words but only for a second. I decided to just shove the nagging thought away for it was probably just one of his usual expressions anyway.

"Ah. Uhm, can you tell me what it looks like po? I'll help you look for it." I offered.

"Naku talaga? Thank you hijo ah.....ahm it looks something like....there are five circles jammed altogether." He paused for a bit. "Imagine there is one circle in the middle and on each of its cardinal point, attached is another circle as well. All of them are the same in size too by the way."

With that description, my brows furrowed. I already have a picture in mind of what exactly it is but I have to make sure first. And so I took out my phone and searched the internet for reference.

As soon as the results came, I immediately showed it to Lolo. "Ito po ba?"

 "Ito po ba?"