Chapter Nine

Mulai dari awal

"I am fully aware that I mean absolutely nothing to you, Ciel Phantomhive. I do not care if you loathe, hate and despise my very being, but so long as I draw breath, I shall protect you, no matter the cost." I swore.

"Why?" His voice sounded so small and broken, not at all what I was expecting to hear.

I turned to him curiously and nearly gasped at the somber, remorseful look in his revealed azure orb. He didn't hate me; there wasn't a trace of hatred in his eye, only sorrow, pity, regret.

"Why would you think you mean nothing to me? What happened to you, Siri?" He stared at me in awe, "You were once so bright and full of life, happiness, you made every day brighter. Why are you so angry?"

I pulled Ciel out of the way as the red-haired man suddenly charged the falling woman and plunged his rotating blade through her chest. A mercy killing, he knew what effect the poisons would have on her, knew it would begin to disintegrate her from the inside out and she would die in agony. The man turned on us right after and I noticed the demon's hesitation to step in. He was hoping I'd die protecting Ciel against this strange man.

I smirked at this, that demon dared to underestimate me, it would be his undoing. The crimson haired man lunged. I swiftly shoved Ciel out of harm's way before meeting the red-haired man head on. There was a loud reverberating clash as I held off his weird mechanical weapon with the two scalpels I had poised in my hand.

"That's not possible!" The man squealed in an almost feminine manner. "It can slice through anything!" He shrieked.

"Don't underestimate the craftsmanship of my father." I smirked and whipped my head to the side quickly. The two scalpels braided into my hair slashed out at the crimson haired man landing a slash across his cheek and another to his chest.

"How dare you!?" The red-haired man shrieked and released one of his hands from his weapon and caught me by the neck, "A lady's face is her life!"

"You're a lady?" I asked skeptically before he began applying pressure to my throat.

"Yes." He snarled.

"How awkward." I managed to choke out before he tightened his grip, cutting off my oxygen supply.

"You'll pay for that, you brat."

Well the demon was making no move to help me and I was fairly certain the red haired 'thing' was lying about being female. It was do or die. Normally, I didn't like cheap shots but I was sort of running out of options. I pulled back my leg and kicked him between the legs, hard. His face flushed crimson before draining of all color and his grip on me slackened. I watched while trying to control the urge to laugh as he crumpled to the ground with a groan.

"Nice try." I smiled as I kicked away his mechanical weapon.

The wound in my side began to throb as I reached into my boot for another set of scalpels. I held back the gasp of pain that tried to escape me. I felt the stream of rushing fluid and the sudden warm dampness spreading across my side. All this movement had reopened the wound and it was now bleeding though my bandages.

"Sirius!" Ciel called out in a panic as I suddenly staggered.

No, not now, I had to stay strong, I had to stand and fight. I had to protect the one I loved. I forced myself to stand upright and grit my teeth against the pain. This pain was nothing compared to the pain I felt when I thought I had lost him several years ago. I could endure this. I had to endure this. That entire year of darkness had prepared me for this kind of pain.

The edges of my vision began to blur and fade into black. I tightened my grip on my scalpels and forced myself to move forward. I would protect him. I would save him from this hell. He was all that mattered.

"Sirius, stop!" Ciel barked. "You're injured.

"I'm fine." I said through clenched teeth.

"Sebastian, stop her." Ciel ordered.

I could just see the demon rolling his eyes and hear his sigh of resignation. Strong arms encircled me from behind as I started to slip towards the cold wet ground. "You're such a nuisance." The demon breathed in my ear.

I opened my mouth to retort but closed it abruptly to keep from screaming as he pressed his finger into my side, blinding me with pain. My entire body felt as if it were being consumed by hellfire. I crumpled against him with a soft whimper as my vision faded in and out.

Sebastian dumped me on the ground next to Ciel purposefully dropping me in a giant puddle of frigid water. I glared after the demon as he swiftly met the crimson haired man's attack. I wasn't strong enough. I was still weak. I couldn't do anything; I couldn't protect the one I loved.

"Siri?" Ciel knelt beside me drawing my gaze from the thrashing the demon was bestowing upon the crimson haired loon.

"I'm sorry." I breathed and grimaced at the sudden metallic taste in my mouth. Blood dribbled from the corners of my lips.

Ciel stared down at me in horror. He wiped the blood from my lips with a white handkerchief he pulled from his coat pocket. "What were you thinking?" He sighed as he looked down at the blood seeping through the fabric of my shirt. "You're too injured; you shouldn't even be out of bed." He glowered.

"I wanted to protect you." I whispered and slowly leaned back against the brick building behind me for support.

"It's not worth it, if you die in the process." Ciel growled.

"It is." I argued back quietly.

"Life isn't worth living without you in it." He breathed.

My heart skipped a beat. What did he say? Why would he say something like that to me? The edges of my vision slowly began to fade. No! I couldn't faint now! I had to know what he meant, I had to know! Begrudgingly, I slipped into unconsciousness.

A/N: I think maybe i just didn't like writing in Ciel's Point of View.....