Chapter Seven

~Sirius' POV~

I woke with a start to find myself in a foreign place, lying on a bed of rich cotton sheets and a warm fire crackling in the hearth. I sat up with a wince as my side protested my movement. Where was I? The room was huge, way bigger than my room back home or even my dorm room at school. It was filled with expensive furniture and decorated in soft creams.

The door handle squeaked slightly as it began to turn. I jumped to my feet and grabbed the nearest weapon I could find which just happened to be a pillow and took on a defensive stance as the door swung open. Ciel and his butler looked at me curiously.

"Sirius, you should be resting." Ciel looked worried.

"Why am I here?" I demanded as I dropped the pillow back to the bed.

"You're injured." Ciel took a step forward as I looked down at myself to find that I was no longer wearing my green gown, but now a simple white cotton night slip that fell to just above my knees. Who changed me? My entire abdomen was expertly wound in bandages, but there was still a splotch of blood seeping through the fabric of the nightgown on my side. The wound had been a little deeper than I'd first suspected.

"So why am I here?" I repeated.

"Your father would kill me if I brought you home injured." Ciel said as if it were obvious.

I smirked at this, "You're right, but imagine what he'll do to you if I don't return home at all."

Ciel paled.

"Now, take me home." I glared.

"Sebastian said you were fighting with Lizzie, why?" Ciel changed the subject.

I glared over at his devilishly handsome butler, "That was none of his business, butler!"

"You two used to be good friends." Ciel continued.

"If you don't take me home, I'm walking!" I snapped; I didn't want to talk about her. It was her fault I was miserable. I told her in confidence when we were children that I loved Ciel and wanted to marry him some day. Not even a week later she begged her father to arrange the marriage between them. I despised her, it was her fault, everything was her fault. I never should have entrusted her with the secret of my heart.

"You're not going to walk its freezing outside." Ciel glowered.

"Watch me!" I glared and shoved my way past them as my side throbbed and more blood seeped into the fabric of the night slip.

"Sebastian, stop her." Ciel sighed.

His butler appeared before me as if out of thin air and smiled maliciously at me before poking me in the side causing me to gasp in pain and slip to the ground. "Sorry, Miss Sirius." He smiled politely as he scooped me off the ground and carried me back to the comfy bed.

"You did that on purpose." I hissed.

"You're becoming quite the nuisance." He smiled.

"Sebastian, be careful with her!" Ciel warned completely oblivious to our whispered warfare.

"I'm going to enjoy watching you die, butler." I whispered venomously as I attempted to struggle out of his hold.

He pressed his finger into my wound and I couldn't help but cry out in pain and crumple against him. "My apologies, Miss Sirius, but perhaps you should stop squirming." He said loud enough for his master to hear.

"Sirius, you're going to make yourself worse, just rest." Ciel sighed.

I glared at his butler, "I abhor you."