Chapter Eight

~Ciel's Dream/Flashback~ (Age 9)

I woke with a start as thunder boomed overhead. Rain pelted the roof and slapped angrily against my balcony windows as the wind screeched and relentlessly attacked the manor. Lightning flashed through the sky and another roar of thunder completely shook the manor. I threw back the covers ready to race to my parents' room but paused when I spotted Sirius curled up in a ball next to me with her arms over her head crying silently.

"Siri." How did she get here? When did she get here? She'd been doing this a lot lately, sneaking out of her house and into my bed in the middle of the night. I had no idea how she did it, it usually took an hour if not two to walk from our manor to her London home.

"Make it stop." She sniffled as she threw her arms around me and cried into my chest. She was terrified of storms. Father said her mother died on a really stormy night when she was very young.

"It's okay, Siri." I tried to calm her down.

"I don't like storms." She whimpered.

"It's not a storm." I smiled.

"It's not?" She asked timidly as she dried her eyes.

"It's cannon fire." I whispered, "We're under attack."

Her otherworldly emerald eyes lit up, "Pirates?"

I nodded earnestly, "What are your orders, Captain?"

She grinned, "Load the guns!"

"Aye Aye, Captain!" I jumped to my feet and picked up one of the many pillows adorning my bed.

~End~

I jolted awake and muttered a curse as I got to my feet. When did I fall asleep? I threw back my bedroom door and made my way to the room Siri was staying in. "Siri, are you awake?" I asked as I knocked at the door.

"She left." Sebastian said simply as he met me in the hall.

"Left?" I asked skeptically.

"More like vanished."

Vanished? Just like that day five years ago, when I told her I was marrying Lizzie. She ran from me. She ran through the gardens and around a corner to a dead end and when I caught up to her she was gone like she'd never even been there.

"I see."

Sebastian watched me carefully, "You don't seem surprised."

"Siri's always been different." I smiled to myself.

"She's not human." Sebastian continued.

"Deep down, I think I always knew that." I shrugged, when I was younger I used to think she was a fairy or an angel because no matter what kind of day I was having just her presence made it so much brighter.

A/N: Seriously.... this one wasn't even 500 words.... and none of you commented before...bahahahaha.... I will make up for it now with an adorable picture of Ciel haha