three

"

"...in the nervous system. Thank you, that's all for today! Don't forget there's a paper due in two weeks!" Gyuri's psychology professor reminded.

Gyuri sighed to herself as she waited for the other students to file out, so she wouldn't be caught in the crowd. She took out her phone and checked her notifications, hoping someone texted her.

She sighed once again, but more heavily. No one texted her as much anymore. Things usually got busy during the second semester, so Gyuri wasn't mad or anything. She just didn't have anyone to text or anything to gossip about for fun.

It was a good ten-minute walk to get back to her apartment. She used to wait for Hoseok until his classes ended half past twelve and then walk back to her apartment with Hoseok. He'd stay over for lunch and then leave once she had to go to work. Gyuri would always have someone to talk to, but now she only had herself and the music blaring in ears through the earbuds.

Gyuri listened to classical music when she wanted to feel calm. Just a few days ago, she was listening to slow and gentle songs, signaling that she was in a sad mood.

Music affected people's mood easily. It affected Gyuri much more easily. She could be an emotional wreck at times, but she knew how to act strongly in front of people. She didn't like crying in front of people, but she didn't mind talking about her problems.

Music was similar to an on and off switch. Gentle songs made her immediately sad, even if it wasn't even a sad song. Fast-paced songs, such as rap or hip-hop, always made her hyped up and happy. She would often sing along and laugh with fast-paced songs.

She hadn't listened to a fast-paced song in a month.