Chapter 1

Chapter 1.

Jennifer Belle walked out of the pub fuming. Why or why was she always being stared at? Sure she wore no makeup unlike most of the other girls her age but that was not a reason to stare. That old woman…why would she care? She tried to remember what the old woman was wearing. They were too not common clothes for a woman of her age – she looked like an illusionist…no a magician of some sort. They were sort of medieval, yet had something modern about them that Jennifer could not put her finger on.

Jennifer quickly forgot about the old woman, quite frankly she had other things to do right now. She had decided to visit Cornwall for a few reasons. First of all it was a beautiful place with the most stunning scenery that she had ever seen. But to her the most important reason was to visit the assumed birthplace of King Arthur, Tintagel. She had decided that she would do that later though, as it was by far “typical English weather “that is pissing down with rain.   She sighed, the weather was just not right today.

For some reason again she was thinking about the woman. She could not understand why, it was nothing, nothing that she could possibly explain. She wanted to go back inside to see her …ask her a few questions but…

Oh stop it  she thought to herself. There was nothing that she wanted to ask or was there? She wanted to go inside that was for sure. She did not particularly have a desire to become wet, not now when she only brought with her one extra dress to wear.

“Sweetheart you should really go inside” Jennifer turned around quickly to see that same old lady at the pub right in front or her. The lady was smaller than she had thought she was when she was sitting, in fact, she was probably shorter in height that the average woman.

“Why…how…why did you sneak up on me?!” Jennifer croaked out angrily. Surprising to her the woman took no notice of her angry tone and continued

“Well it’s raining love...and you look a bit …lost...Just come here…I stay here all the time…” The old woman pushed Jennifer into the pub before she could even say anything back. For some reason, at that particular moment when the old woman touched Jennifer, she felt so weak she HAD to obey her.

Next thing she knew, Jennifer was sitting on the far end side of the pub, close to a window. She lifted her hand to her burning face. Her face felt hotter than ever before. She felt feverish but it did not feel any common fever that she ever had.  Confusion must have been showing clearly on her face as the bartender at the other end of the pub gave her a questioning look.

Just keep breathing She thought to herself. It was just a long day. She reached out for the menu in order to get something to eat. Not that she wanted that much, just a bit of salad perhaps to keep her going. She wondered where the old lady had gotten too as she was not anywhere where she looked.

Left evidently. I would have left if I did not feel this crap. A waiter came over to Jennifer.

“Yes can I order this salad please?” Jennifer pointed her finger to the right salad on the ridiculously long pub menu. The waiter nodded quickly while writing her order and after recording all the details on his hand-size notepad walked off.

Sometime later Jennifer was eating her salad trying to calm herself down. It had nearly worked, until she noticed the old lady re-enter the pub and smiling at her slightly, the lady took her usual seat.   The sunset was more beautiful tonight than ever, looking out of the window Jennifer could see the ruins of an old church in the distance as the sun’s orange eye hid behind its holy figurine. Jennifer took some time to admire its beauty.

A group of tourists suddenly burst into the pub looking slightly disorientated. They stumbled over to bar.

“Tintagel was amazing!” One of them burped out