028

"What are you doing here?" Jungkook hissed.

A reminiscent smile spread across her perfect, porcelain doll face. But Jungkook swept that smile away with a short, but clear statement.

"Wipe that disgusting smile off your face and get out of this house, will you?"

"My, that is not a kind way to treat your guest." Subin spoke calmly.

Jungkook wasn't sure if she was playing dumb or just plain confused on the situation. He couldn't accept the fact that she has the guts to sit down on his sofa and drink a warm cup of tea while facing him, all good and fine.

How could she be fine when he couldn't have a peaceful night without the memories of them screaming at him every time he tried to sleep?

Subin shuffled on her seat and placed the cup back on the table carefully, crossing her legs, "Hey, it's been a while since we meet. You're telling me to go back when I just arrive?"

The vase on the table toppled over when Jungkook slammed a hand on the table. "If staying in here is what you want, then please mind your own business and stay out of my face."

Taking his coat with him, Jungkook shut the door harshly behind him; leaving Subin alone.

Unfazed by Jungkook's treatment towards her, Subin took the last sip of her tea and took a small tour around the house. Scanning every details of the house with a permanent proud smile on her face. Her gaze stopped on a picture hanging on the wall. A picture of them together, when they were five.

A thought of guiltiness crossed her mind.

How could she leave Jungkook alone on that night?

xxx

Hyemin stared at her phone as she tossed and turned for a several time on her bed. She frowned, "Was it too rude to ignore his text?"

Hyemin immediately grabbed her phone and dialed the guy who has left her thinking about him alone for the past two hours. On the first two rings, Hyemin sighed and stared at the ceiling quietly. The next two rings made Hyemin impatient and stood up, walking back and forth inside her room as her bad habit of biting her nails came back unknowingly.

"Where the hell is he?" Hyemin muttered, her finger hovering over the cancel button.

'Miss me?'

The other line answered. At midst of frustration, Hyemin was relieved that Jungkook was still alive.

"Why do you take such a long time to pick up the call?"

'Worried about me I see. No worries, I'm here now.'

"Here?" Hyemin raised a brow; looking around her room, clueless.

'Here.' Jungkook repeated her word.

"Outside of my house? Oh," Hyemin paused, then gasped when she finished processing the situation she was in.

"OUTSIDE OF MY HOUSE?" Hyemin brutally end the call before throwing her phone across her room.

She was running all over the place. Pulling out a random sweater from her closet and making sure her hair didn't resemble the nest of the birds outside her house.

Realizing it was too late to prevent anything from happening, Hyemin sighed when she saw her mom chit-chatting with Jungkook.

"So, darling. What do you think of our daughter?" Mrs. Jung asked, looking at Jungkook and listening to each and every of his words.