13 - D-Day

I ignore Niall's question for the time being and check my phone. I have a message from an unknown number, and once I open the message, it takes all my self-control not to gasp out loud and alert Niall that something is wrong.

There is a picture of Harry, Niall and I sitting at this table, it couldn't have been more than 15 minutes ago followed by a picture of just Niall and I. Both pictures are accompanied by a text message.

Unknown: Hands off. I'm sure you don't want me leaking these, and the details of Harry's case to the media.

I stare at my phone in shock. I'm not the sort of person who scares easily or is intimidated but this has taken me by surprise. I must have been looking at my phone for a solid two minutes, as I don't hear Niall trying to get my attention, I only look up after he threw a napkin at my face.

"Wakey wakey Mags!" Niall exclaims jokingly, and I realise I need to get out of here and stay away from him, just until Harry's trial is over. He can't know about this.

"I don't want to hear you out!" I snap venomously at him, and he jumps in shock, probably because I had seemed amenable to his idea a few seconds previously. 

Without letting him reply, I grab all my things and shove as much into my bag as possible, holding the rest in my arms, and try to leave the cafe as quick as I can. Unfortunately, because I am slowed down by the massive weight I am carrying, combined with the high heels I have on my feet, Niall manages to catch up to me and grabs my forearm lightly, trying to get me to stop. Since I don't want to drop Harry's entire case files, I stop and regret my decision because he looks genuinely hurt.

"I'm really sorry for what happened Mags, but I just wanted a chance to explain," He pleads with me earnestly. Without that message and the chance Harry's case could be jeopardised, I honestly would have let him explain.

"I don't want to fucking hear it, Niall, I have bigger fish to fry. See you at the trial," I whisper yell at him, trying my best to keep the regret from seeping into my tone.

I can't see his face after I knocked him back for the second time in five minutes, so I race off before I feel even more guilty. I get to my car in record time, and back to the office to finish the final trial preparations in time for tomorrow.

***

Harry rings me just before 8 pm that night. He apologies for leaving the meeting early and I try and brush that aside considering it was me who bailed on the meeting while he was on the phone. 

He's nervous. This much I can tell from his tone of voice. He hasn't shown me a copy of the video, in fact, he asked his sister to film it. Nobody on his team has any idea what the content of the video is going to be, but I trust Harry. I know he wouldn't do anything to jeopardise the case or his career. 

"I'm about to post the video, and wanted to give you some warning," Harry explains. 

"I appreciate it, Harry. After you've uploaded, might be a good idea to turn your phone off, and get an early night. The next few days are going to be long and tiring," I suggest gently and Harry agrees. 

"Thank you so much for all your help Mags, I really couldn't have done all this without you," Harry tells me and I feel a flutter spread through my body. 

"It's really no problem, I'll see you bright and early tomorrow," I reply and we say our goodbyes. 

I'm nervous. Like handshaking, bone quaking nervous. This video is either going to completely tank Harry's case or make it incredibly easy for me to win. 

I open Harry's twitter page and see the video. It has been uploaded for less than a minute and there are already over one thousand favourites on his tweet.