I did not fail to miss the gun slung over his other shoulder or the dark circles under his eyes. I did not even miss the look of relief replace the concern and worry in his eyes.

A group of men was huddled in the kitchen, discussing the nights' events. As soon as I stumbled into the kitchen with my fathers' aid, their conversations ceased and they all turned to look at me.

"I lived." I coughed out. Immediately, one of the men came rushing towards me with a bottle of water in his hands, another came with clothes for me to put on, another pushed over a plate of food stacked high with sausages, egg, bacon, toast and even some pancakes.

My heart warmed at the sight. These men know what I am, and yet they accept me as one of their own. I smiled at all of them and thanked each one.

I downed the water immediately, my throat felt so dry and I was more parched than a dog on a hot summers day. I grabbed the clothes and went to the nearest bathroom to change.

It was all black. I quickly washed my face from the dust of last night and combed my hair into a high ponytail. I was grateful that they included underwear, especially a bra. As quickly as my sore body would allow, I tugged on the black cargo pants and the black tight shirt before going back out to the huddle of men so I was able to eat my breakfast.

Sitting at the table, I moaned my appreciation as I gobbled down the breakfast. It was absolutely delicious. Leaning back in my chair, I placed a hand on my tummy and released a rather loud burp. The men laughed and patted my shoulders.

"You're one of us now kid." One said, his voice was burly and his beard still had some crumbs from his own breakfast.

"Yeah, welcome to the team little madam." Another one said, he appeared to be a few years older than me and his face was cleanly shaven. I had to admit, he was quite gorgeous.

"Thanks," I replied shyly.

The room roared in celebration and I slid down in my seat, not enjoying the attention. They all popped open beer bottles and cans and started drinking. The laughter roared through the house as someone put on music and others stood at the back door flicking ash on the floor from their cigarettes.

Suddenly, a hand slides over a beer bottle, freshly opened. The owner slides a chair over and sits near me. He places an empty beer bottle between us and flicks some ash off his cigarette into it.

"Drink up, little madam." He said. It was the guy from earlier. Freshly shaved, gorgeous man.

"I don't think-"

"SWEETHEART IF YOU DON'T DRINK SOME ALCOHOL AND HAVE A FEW SMOKES LIKE I TOLD THAT GENTLEMAN TO LET YOU DO, THEN YOU ARE JUST BEING PLAIN OL' RUDE!" My father hollered from the other side of the kitchen. I gawked at him in shock.

"You have already burped a proper monster burp in front of us already." The man laughed.

"But-"

"It's bad for ya? We know. But now that you're a werewolf, it doesn't affect you like it does us. It's enough for 5 bottles of this stuff to get us tipsy, but you, it requires four times the amount." He told me.

I warily grasped the bottle and started downing its contents. The men all hollered 'chug, chug, chug' as they watched me drink the whole thing. Smacking the bottle on the table, I wiped my mouth and looked at the crowd.

"I think this little madam deserves another drink gentleman!" The man next to me announced. The men cheered and another bottle was placed in front of me.

"You guys are a bad influence," I laugh. "Like honestly, a month ago I was just a girl who was laying in bed in a coma."

"And now you're sat, surrounded by hunters, drinking beer and celebrating your first change." He replied. He pulled out his box of cigarettes and offered me one. I looked over to my dad to see him nodding and urging me to do it.

Accepting the cigarette, I put it between my lips. He pulls out a black clipper lighter and sparks up the cigarette for me. I inhale the smoke and breathe it back out. I was expecting myself to cough, but instead, I just leaned back and felt worry and stress roll off me as I exhaled.

"And now you're a smoker." He jokes, shaking his head as he takes another drag of his cigarette. "You looked like you needed it, what with all the stuff you've been through for the past month."

"Yeah." I agreed. Taking a swig of my beer, followed by a drag of the cigarette.

"How do you feel about becoming a hunter and killing your own kind?" He asked.

"My own kind?" I was confused.

"Yeah, werewolves."

"All werewolves deserve to die. They are cruel, heartless creatures." I say darkly.

"You're not. I can tell that you're a very caring, kind person. But you're a werewolf. Doesn't that contradict what you just said?" He asked. I took a moment to ponder on it.

"I suppose that it's not entirely impossible for there to be good werewolves out there..." I say, trailing off as my thoughts consume me. Suddenly, I was feeling conflicted.

I have been told that werewolves were cruel, they were the epitome of evil. But my mother was a werewolf. She was kind, caring, nurturing. She was as sweet as honey and she was so gentle, even when she was angry. Now I'm a werewolf too, and I'm not evil.

"I don't know how I feel about it," I admit.

"I see." With that, the conversation ends and we fall into pointless chatting.

The day rolls by smoothly. No arguments or fights broke out. Everyone returned to their homes with happy smiles and slurring words. The last to leave was the man I spoke to.

"By the way, I never got your name." He says suddenly. I turn to face him, he was smiling down at me as I was trying to clean up the kitchen of empty bottles, cans, cigarette boxes and spilled drinks.

"Amy," I told him.

"Jonathan." He replied, he outstretched his hand and I shook it gently. He then turned on his heel and left. Sighing, I went back to cleaning up.

I finally cleared up everything and went back upstairs to my bedroom. Changing out of my new clothes and into my flannel pajamas, I settled at the ledge by my window and looked at the darkness creeping over the land.

One day, I'll be out there and hunting like the rest of them. But for now, I just need to sleep. Jumping up from my position, I made my way over to my bed and dived under the covers and went into a deep sleep. The drunken snores of my father filled the house.

So, our character finally has a name. Do you think that Amy will forever be a hunter, or will her heart change due to Jonathon changing her view of werewolves? Will Amy keep her promise and hunt down werewolves, or will she stay true to the hunters?

In other news, I've recently begun watching anime again and I need some new recommendations regarding the matter. I'm more of a romance fan than anything else and reverse haram is life. If you have any recommendations, please do let me know.

If you're enjoying the story so far, please don't forget to vote, subscribe, comment and share with your friends. Updates are every Tuesday.

Also, if you can't wait around for much longer than please check out my other two stories. Alpha's Obsession and the Incubus' Obsession.

See you all next week, darlings. xoxo

Compelled By The MoonOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara