17

marcus' pov ||

i look at myself in the mirror. hair open or in a bun? let's try the second option. no, i look like an onion.

i sigh and open my hair. much better. i put on some sunglasses and my gucci shoes. i grab the keys to my car and head down.

"martinus are you coming with me or taking your car?" i yell back upstairs.

"i'm coming with you!" martinus yells in my ear and i startle. he starts laughing. i thought he was in his room but he was in the kitchen.

"okay, let's go then." i say and open the door. we step in the car and i start driving to school with the music blasting and both of us singing.
-
it's finally lunchtime. i didn't have time to eat breakfast so i'm really hungry. i don't know where martinus is, i guess still in gym.

i see madison sitting by a table with her friends and i decide to join them, why not?

"hello ladies."i say and put my tray down. "how are you today?"

"great, what about you?" amalia says smiling.

"great now that i have good company." i wink and sit down. madison whispers something to emilia and she lets out a small laugh.

"marcus!" martinus shouts from the other side of the cafeteria. oh jesus why can't he just come here? he's talking on the phone with someone and waves at me to go over.

i sigh and go over to him. he talks with someone for a while more and then ends the call.

"guess what!" he says excited.

"just tell me already." i say.

"we're gonna have a concert in here! at the greek theatre!" he says almost jumping up and down. i get excited too and give him a hug.

"let's go tell everyone!" i say and turn around but martinus pulls me back.

"no we can't tell anyone yet." he says shaking his head. i would've really wanted to tell our friends.

"can i tell madison?" i ask.

"why her?" martinus asks. i don't answer anymore, i just start walking back to the table i was just sitting at.

i sit by the table with everyone looking at me but i don't say anything. i just start eating like nothing happened.

"what?" i ask after a while when everyone still have they're eyes on me. "oh yea, me and martinus are performing here soon."

"wow that's so cool!" sophia says to martinus who has come sit next to her.

"congrats marcus." madison says. i smile as a response.
-
school is finally over for me and i'm waiting for martinus to finish his class. i'm sitting near the doors and scrolling through my phone.

i hear someone walking in the hallway so i raise my head to see who it is. it's madison. this could be my chance!

"madison, wait!" i say and run over to her. "i was just wondering if you'd like to come to the concert with me. you know, backstage." my heart is pounding really fast and i don't even know why.

"yea sure, why not." she smiles. my heart rate slows down and i start smiling too. i don't know why i got so nervous.