23

i'm telling sophia what happened with marcus yesterday. i didn't really talk with him after he left for the meeting.

amalia shows up so sophia kicks me in the leg so i would stop talking. i don't want amalia to know about any of this.

emilia and amalia start talking about some homework they had so i quietly keep telling sophia the story and making sure amalia or emilia don't hear anything.

"good morning maddie, amalia, emilia, and sophia, my beautiful girl." martinus says and kisses sophia. i look at them and smile.

"morning mads." marcus says smiling and stands next to me. he's about to put his arm around my waist but i quickly move and go to my locker.

"still pretending you don't know me in here, huh?" he whispers in my ear. "don't you like me?"

"no, marcus, it's not that." i sigh closing my locker. i turn around and look at him.

"what is it then? in here you pretend you don't know me but at home you kiss me and lay in my arms." he says looking into my eyes.

"i'm sorry but i have to be like that in here." i say and look down. i can't do that to amalia.

"just one touch, and you'll be all mine." marcus puts his finger under my chin and lifts my head. "everyone will be looking at us, envoys of our relationship, what we have. and believe me, i get what i want."

by now marcus' lips are an inch away from mine and i'm trying so hard to keep myself from kissing him right here and now.

i turn my head and see literally everyone looking at us and i gulp. i push marcus away from me.

"i'm sorry marcus." i say quietly before walking away. i walk past our friends and see amalia looking down. i'm the worst friend ever.

marcus' pov ||

i think about going after madison but end up standing in the middle of the hallway looking like an idiot just watching her leave.

i sigh and lean to the lockers. i want her. i want to walk around with her not caring about anyone else. i want to kiss her and not care who's watching.

i could treat her like a princess. buy her everything she wants, take her everywhere. i could be the best damn boyfriend she's ever had.

i walk back to martinus and the others with my head down. i guess we'll never be more than friends, it won't work out if we're like this at school.

"i didn't know that people who barely even talk are like that." amalia mumbles. sophia hits her in the arm and she just rolls her eyes.

"can you for once shut your fucking mouth!" i say. i can tell i kinda scared everyone with that sudden burst but i don't care.