vii.┃the bouquet

"I can't breathe, Guanlin," Jihoon let out, sitting on a bench in the sidewalk, clutching his chest and panting heavily.

Guanlin, who was standing next to him, was steadying his own tall frame by using his hand as support on the bench. "I don't think I can either, hyung."

"Will Daehwi be okay?" Jihoon worried, darting his gaze onto the direction Daehwi went off to; to the church.

"I'm sure he will be. But I really want to see how he crashes the wedding, you know." Guanlin answers.

"Let's get going then," Jihoon stood up, "Let's not run, though. Maybe fast walk, I can see the church from here, after all."

"Right, let's go."

-

Jinyoung was staring blankly at Yurin, who seemed to be doing the same. Jinyoung has been paying absolutely no attention to whatever the priest was saying. After all, he didn't want to be in this position in the first place.

Yurin looked gorgeous, however she is not wearing her usual smile, which relieves Jinyoung. She does not want this either.

He did a side glance to where his friends were sitting, and his stomach quaked at the sight of only seven of them. No Guanlin, no Jihoon, and most definitely no Daehwi was sitting there with them.

Oh, how he wishes his parents did not arrange this marriage. Sure, they're doing it for the benefit of finance, but young little Baejin can't see the benefit of it for himself. In any case, he feels like he's being used.

That's when he hears the priest proclaim a question to everyone filling the venue.

"Is anyone opposing to their matrimony? Speak now or forever hold your peace."

The church doors slammed opened; before it was just opened slightly, and now it is fully showcasing the outer grounds of the church.

Everyone turned around in shock, and Jinyoung was, too. However, he could not help but let a smile make its way onto his face.

"I OPPOSE TO THE MARRIAGE!" shouted the person who just had a rather dramatic entrance.

It was none other than Lee Daehwi, purple-dyed hair in a mess, trying his best to catch his breath and visibly avoiding on having to collapse right on the spot.

"Oh my god," Jaehwan commented, not yet fully recovered from the shock.

"State your reason. Must you be reminded that it has to be a reasonable explanation and not merely because you're in love with the bride?" the priest, who seemed to be unaffected, asked Daehwi via the microphone.

I'm not in love with the bride, Daehwi thought.

"No, I am not. However, Bae Jinyoung and Choi Yurin have been forced to marry!" Daehwi shouts, still standing on the doors of the church.

The audience gasped loudly, followed by a bunch of hushed whispers, and Daehwi gulps as he catches the piercing glares of both Yurin and Jinyoung's parents.

Just then, Guanlin and Jihoon appeared in their sights, in shock as well to see Daehwi in the center of the spotlight. Not in a good way, however.

Jinyoung tried his best to keep a straight face, but he had to look down to hide his smile. Well done, Daehwi.

The priests turn to Mr. and Mrs. Bae. "Is this a fact?"

"Ridiculous,"

Jinyoung grabs the microphone from the priest.