iv.┃we'll make it

"Sorry," Jihoon breathed out to the lady he accidentally bumped into as he made his way to Daehwi's table in the small café. He ran all the way from his shared apartment with Woojin in a nice, peaceful neighborhood to the café in the city, and Jihoon could almost swear he lost some calories on the way, probably even lost his soul, at least that's what his feelings were telling him.

He was so exhausted, which is probably an understatement, but he managed. Jihoon's body almost drops to the table but he tried to stay steady. "What emergency are we talking about here, Daehwi? And this better be good," Jihoon warns in between wheezes.

"Jinyoung-hyung," Daehwi responded, "He doesn't want to get married!"

"Oh? Well that's a change of mind," Jihoon snorts with all the might he has left, "Why say this when according to you, it's absolutely 'ridiculous' to think so?"

Daehwi groans and grabs Jihoon's hand, and with a little bit of force, he gives him the tiny note from the invitation that Jinyoung has given.

The younger watches Jihoon read the note, hand shaking from a weird adrenaline rush when he saw Jihoon's eyes widen. "Is this, like, legit? Real? Did Baejin really-?"

"We both know that that's his penmanship right there," Daehwi says seriously, "And you wanted to crash the wedding, right? Let's call Guanlin, tell him that we're going to the venue with him. And also, we're buying you a suit."

"Oh, right," Jihoon ran his hands down his face. The wedding ceremony was merely a few hours away, and Jihoon has zero possession of a formal suit appropriate for the event, since he never planned to attend in the first place.

"What are we waiting for? Let's go!" Daehwi practically screeched, earning them a few judging glances, but that didn't matter right now.

"Wait, I don't even get to eat a small cake or something?!" Jihoon cried out while Daehwi runs out of the café, dragging his arm with him in the process. "Jinyoung told me there's a buffet at the ceremony, you'll eat later!"

"Oh my god."

-

"Hey, uhm, Lin? Can I go with you to the wedding later? Please? I also have Daehwi with me," Jihoon says to Guanlin, who's on the other line of the phone.

Both he and Daehwi were in the local mall's department store, and Daehwi told him to call Guanlin while he picks out a suit for Jihoon. And as of now, Daehwi was grumbling while frustratedly searching in the racks as Jihoon pleads to Guanlin to give them both a ride in the Lai Family's car.

"Yes, Lin, I know I said that I'm not going, but we'll explain on the way," Jihoon pleaded, Daehwi's face scrunching out of cringe once he heard Jihoon whining, attempting to sound cute in order to successfully persuade his boyfriend..

"Oh, please, I know that. Thank you Guanlin, I love you, bye!" Jihoon chirps before ending the call.

"What'd he say?" Daehwi asks, fishing out a suit out of the rack he has been focusing on the past few minutes.

"He said I'm being unfair because I know that he can't say no to me," Jihoon says with pride, pretending to flip his hair. Daehwi rolls his eyes before replying, "I guess we have a ride, then."

"Here, try these on," Daehwi hands Jihoon three pairs, and practically pushes him to the fitting room once he heard him groan.

-

Later on, Daehwi has finally achieved the goal of buying a suit for Jihoon (wouldn't want him crashing the wedding in that horrid neon pink hoodie, now would we?) and it did take quite long thanks to Jihoon's picky antics. Nonetheless, Daehwi was thankful to be out of the department store and both are now in front of the mall, waiting for Guanlin's car (technically, it isn't his, but soon it will be).

Two hours left until the wedding, the familiar luxurious-looking black car came into view, and Jihoon smiled so brightly and ran to it once the car stopped, as Daehwi calmly walks to it.

Guanlin appears out from the car and Jihoon almost drops the bag that contains his attire.

Guanlin in a suit is now Jihoon's definition of eye candy; his eyes seem to scream so. The both of them share a quick kiss before Daehwi loudly groaned.

"Can the both of you just stop?" Daehwi said jokingly (jokes are half-meant), glaring with his signature pout. Not even waiting for the other two's answer, Daehwi pushed the two into the car.

Guanlin asked that they were to go to Daehwi's, first. After all, his mother was still there and she was to attend the wedding too. Second of all, he himself still needs to change; add Jihoon to that.

-

The car ride wasn't at any way long, so they got down quickly. Guanlin just stayed downstairs on the first floor of Daehwi's house, chatting with Mrs. Lee since she had already prepared. Daehwi and Jihoon are on the second floor, probably freaking out over the whole Baejin Situation, which, by the way, Guanlin knows nothing about.

The two didn't take that long; claiming that they're going to touch-up in the car. They got back on the road sooner that they thought they would.

"So," Guanlin coughed awkwardly, killing the silence. "May I know about the whole story and as to why Jihoon-hyung agreed to attend last minute?"

"You weren't planning to attend, Jihoon?" Mrs. Lee asked gently, receiving a nod. "I wasn't. Nobody really expected Jinyoung's announcement at that time, so when he did, I already claimed extra homework." Jihoon answered.

"Here, read it, Guanlin." Daehwi gave the small note to the younger on the passenger seat, and reread it as Guanlin eyed it as well.

"So this is what Jinyoung-hyung was saying to Yurin-ssi that day." Guanlin trailed off, remembering the phone call he overheard (not eavesdropped!).

"And the 'him' he was talking about was Daehwi," Jihoon continued, "Honestly, I saw it coming." he laughed.

They were an hour or so minutes far from the venue, and were taking quite some time due to occasional traffic. Daehwi was not surprised when he got a text from one of his hyungs.

-

(ノ'ヮ')ノ*: ・° seongwoo-hyung!

daehwi, are you with the rest
of baby line?

you:
i'm unfortunately with
panwink atm, woojin
hyung is not with us tho
o(TヘTo)

oh i see, jinyoung's been
looking for you the past
few uh, hours

you:
yeah i see that he
spammed me with
texts

why weren't you
replying?

you:
i only got to open my
phone now...we're
quite busy you could
say

ah alright then, woojin
just arrived btw so nvm!

also hurry up, jinyoung
just said that you dont
need to reply to his texts,
but he needs to tell you
smth before the ceremony

you:
okay okay, we'll
be there before it starts,
seongwoo hyung!

-

"Do you think we'll be there before Yurin walks on the aisle?" Daehwi worriedly asks. Sure, he just told Ong that they'll be on time, but that's just for reassurance, probably.

"If there's no more traffic along the way, we might make it during the walk to the altar. Not sure if that's not the case, though." Mrs. Lee answered, patting her son's hair to comfort.

Daehwi's anxiousness seem to be building up as the ride goes by. What is Jinyoung-ie gonna tell me?