iii.┃jinyoung's note

"The both of you are honestly being too dramatic," Daehwi sighed in disapproval. He had his arms crossed, almost glaring at his two friends namely Lai Guanlin and Park Jihoon, who seemed to be losing their minds with whatever they're saying to Daehwi.

"We're serious, Daehwi, Guanlin overheard Jinyoung's phone call with Yurin days ago, when we were studying at Minhyun's." Jihoon stated sternly.

"Oh, really?" Daehwi says, sarcasm evident, "Overheard or eavesdropped?"

"Overheard." Guanlin answered.

"Can we just, I don't know, stop interfering with Jinyoung-ie's wedding? He and his wife are none of our businesses." Daehwi pleaded, sure, he doesn't want Jinyoung to get married, but he doesn't want to be the reason Jinyoung's love life crashes to pieces.

Jihoon and Guanlin looked at each other before turning back to Daehwi. "Alright then, see you at the wedding later." Guanlin waved, turning around to go home.

"You attending, hyung?" Daehwi asked Jihoon, who answered the question by smiling faintly and shaking his head no.

"I'm gonna do extra homework, already told Jinyoung. Have to catch up to Daniel since he got higher scores than I did," Jihoon laughed, before patting Daehwi's head, and he ran to Guanlin who was already in a small distance from them.

Daehwi's heart swelled when he saw Jihoon running up to Guanlin, kissing the younger before separating to go on their own paths, since they don't live together.

Daehwi lets out an exasperated sigh. He's beyond tired, after all, they just had their last batch of final exams earlier. Not only that, he has to walk home alone for today, some of his hyungs have part time jobs and some of them already went to prepare for the wedding. Jinyoung already took exams earlier than they did, so he didn't attend school today for the ceremony.

His mom was surprised to hear about the wedding, but she already went shopping for her and Daehwi, so Daehwi's clothes for the wedding later tonight is already hung on his closet, already ironed to perfection, courtesy of his mom.

The school was almost empty, and that's when Daehwi decided to get his legs moving and prepare himself.

-

Daehwi's intention was to go home and get ready for the ceremony and leave, it really was. But it seems that his legs partnered with his almost drained brain led him to the café that his Jisung-hyung works part time at.

"Daehwi! Shouldn't you be home already? As Jinyoung's best friend, you should be the first one at the venue, hm?" Jisung greeted, Daehwi blinking his eyes in confusion since he was expecting to see his living room with his mom in the house.

"Ah, I don't know, I'm probably hungry." Daehwi sighed. "What do you recommend for a sleepy, drained soul and a broken heart?"

"Woah there," Jisung chuckled, "Don't really know, since I haven't experienced both at the same time. But do you want a waffle with some whipped cream and syrup? I'll add some extra strawberries if you like."

"Sure, anything would do now, honestly." Daehwi assured, as his hyung nodded and left to get him his waffle.

Daehwi reached out for his backpack, zipping open a small pocket, then pulled out a pastel colored paper with the signature ribbon tied to it. It's Jinyoung's wedding invitation he gave to them on their dinner last week.

He read over the invitation again and again, slowly getting even more jealous as time goes by agonizingly slow. He doesn't know whether he's jealous of Jinyoung or if he's jealous of Yurin. His gut feeling tells him it's the latter, but his pride decided against it.

That's when Daehwi noticed a small opening on the letter.

And something inside it.

"Daehwi?"

"Ah, uhm, yes hyung?"

"You waffle's here. But it's not free! You better pay up later, alright?" Jisung reminded, placing Daehwi's plate in front of him, before dashing off to serve other costumers after telling him to enjoy his afternoon snack.

Daehwi texted his mom to notify her of his whereabouts, and decided to dig in on his waffle, beautifully plated, if he may add.

Half way through eating, Daehwi decided to play with the small opening inside the invitation, it made him way too curious. He remembers Jinyoung telling him that he designed the invitation, so why would Jinyoung place an opening there?

Daehwi stares dumbfounded when he saw a little piece of paper, probably the size of a sticky note, inside it. The waffle was soon forgotten and pushed aside rather hastily, and Daehwi took out the note.

It was folded into such a small piece, just a little bit bigger than Daehwi's thumb. Did Jinyoung place this on purpose?

Daehwi folded the tiny yellow paper open, and he saw a written letter. So it was definitely a note, and Daehwi knows Jinyoung like he knows the back of his hand. It's definitely, without a doubt, Jinyoung's handwriting.

The note reads: Daehwi, I need your help. Please, I'm begging you, stop the wedding. Stop the wedding and save me.

From, your Jinyoung-ie hyung

Daehwi almost chokes on the whipped cream he was devouring upon reading the letter.

His hands hastily dug through his bag, searching for his phone. Once he got it, he immediately called Jihoon.

"Daehwi? You know I'm busy doing the extra homewo-"

"You have to attend the wedding, hyung. Hurry."