v.┃energy

By this hour, Jinyoung was shaking.

His hyungs were comforting him, assuming that he was nervous for the wedding.

Okay, they weren't wrong, but they aren't exactly right either. They thought that he was just a little shaky over the thought of having a life commitment; but he absolutely was not. Jinyoung was nervous because he's still praying for Daehwi to come to his rescue.

For the years they've been friends, undeniably, Jinyoung has relied on Daehwi the most. Not that he's comepletely vulnerable, no. He just always seem to find himself in front of Daehwi, whether to talk his problems out, or just plain help for their English homework.

Jinyoung knew he got a tad bit attached over the past few years, but Daehwi did not mind, being quite a clingy person himself.

It was even common for them to be mistaken as a couple when they just have friendly hang-outs, but again, they never thought of it as deep at all; they just tend to laugh at it.

Jinyoung caught feelings for, about a year ago? Maybe it was the effect of puberty, or maybe he relied on Daehwi yet again, this time with his feelings, since he has never gotten a girlfriend. Either way, last year was painful; having to bottle up his feelings for those 10 months (plus 2 for summer) while with Daehwi 25/8.

Those feelings never changed.

Thus the heartbreak when he found himself wearing a ring, matching with Choi Yurin.

Yurin is gorgeous, kind-hearted and has better grades than Jinyoung does. As well as the possession of skills in dance. If Jinyoung was being honest, he wouldn't mind getting married to Yurin at all. He'd be happy, in fact.

If he never knew a Lee Daehwi.

However, that's not the case. Jinyoung figured that out already. The reason why he is not on board the commitment with Yurin is because he's still-god forbid-in love with Lee Daehwi; and he feels utterly dumb and stupid for it.

Girls on their campus always loved Daehwi, always commenting on how he's adorable, intelligent, quick-witted, lovable, and whatever else they had to offer. Daehwi's way out of his league.

Daehwi's in Class A, Jinyoung's in F. Daehwi has a 98, Jinyoung's got a 92. Daehwi is loved by the students, Jinyoung is almost ignored. See? It's simple to understand, Jinyoung thinks.

"Jinyoung?" Sungwoon called.

Jinyoung weakly looked up, his eyes showing grief. "Where's Daehwi?"

Daniel smiled a bit. "He's on his way. Traffic can be a pain."

"But there's only about 45 minutes left!" Jinyoung complained.

"Don't worry, they'll make it," Jaehwan grinned. "They're not driving from the other side of the world."

Jinyoung just merely nodded as the others looked at each other with worry.

"Nothing's wrong, is there?" asked Woojin, who lunged forward to give Jinyoung a tight hug.

The older members cooed and followed Woojin's actions, and they're all just one clump in a group hug. They cheered when they saw Jinyoung smile slightly.

"So, you okay, Baejin?" Jinyoung sighed at Jisung's question.

"I-I don't know?" No.

"Sure? Is there anything you need?"

"I don't need anything." Daehwi.

"Oh, come on, Jinyoung. You don't look okay and we want to help you." Jaehwan spoke gently.

"I...I need energy. I'm tired." Jinyoung murmured. I'm implying Daehwi, what the hell am I saying.

"You surely must be tired from all those wedding preparations and exams at the same time," Seongwoo nodded, "Hang on just a bit though. Ceremony's near and the VCR is already getting prepared. Yurin's on the other hall of the hotel."

"Okay."

-

"Traffic again?! Are you kidding me?!" Daehwi shouts desperately, eyes following the long trail of steady cars that seem to drag on for forever.

He can't help but panic. According to the estimations of Sir Kyung Jinsoo, Guanlin's driver, they might be late if the traffic continues on.

"Daehwi, honey, please keep quiet. We'll make it." his mom tried to calm him down, but as much as he appreciates the effort, Daehwi can't calm down.

"Yeah, we'll get there just in time." Guanlin smiles at him.

He moves his gaze to Jihoon, who was almost absent-mindedly holding and occasionally playing with Guanlin's hand from the passenger seat. "I sure hope we will." Jihoon mutters.

Daehwi reaches out for his phone located inside of his pocket, and he turns it on then unlocks it, finger searching for the app storing the list of all his contacts. He decides on who to talk to first.

While scrolling down the list, Daehwi sees just the name he was looking for.

calling soulmate╰(*'︶'*)╯♡

"Hello?"

"Jinyoung-ie! How many minutes left before the wedding?"

"Ah. About...twenty minutes or so."

"We'll be there, I'm so sorry!"

"No, it's okay!" he hears Jinyoung laugh from the phone, "At least you called me confirming you're coming. I thought the three of you bailed on me."

"We will never. If ever we don't make it to the hotel on time which appears to be so," Daehwi sighs once more, looking out of the car window to agonizingly gaze at the traffic, "Where will we head?"

"Head immediately to the church. That way, we'll all be on the same pace on the way there. We're all preparing to leave now, actually."

"Oh, right. Sure. See you later Jinyoung-ie!" both Daehwi and Jinyoung bid their goodbyes to each other and soon Daehwi hung up.

Who knew Bae Jinyoung is all it takes to calm Daehwi down?

-

Turns out that hearing Daehwi's voice is enough to lift Jinyoung's spirits.

"Jinyoung, we're about to head for the church. Are you okay enough to go now?" Woojin chuckles, resisting the urge to ruffle Jinyoung's hair, as it was already styled perfectly much to the satisfaction of Mr. and Mrs. Bae.

Jinyoung looks up and smiles. "I just suddenly got a burst of over-flowing energy." he jokes, his hyungs laughing at it afterwards.

"Energy?" Jaehwan chuckles in question.

"From what? The sun?" Jisung jokes.

Jinyoung grins at that. "You could say so."