ii.┃the phone call

All eleven members of their squad, Wanna One, as they call it, are currently in Minhyun's ever so clean house for their study session. It's always been a tradition of theirs to study together in one place each time they have an exam, and they take turns. It just so happens that Minhyun's apartment was next, since the last study session was in Sungwoon's.

"So, Jinyoung, when are we gonna get to meet this Choi Yurin?" Jisung asked all of a sudden, though he's still highlighting some terms on his textbook, eyes never leaving it. His question brought all eyes on him and it definitely cut Jinyoung off-guard.

"Ah, I don't know," Jinyoung sheepishly replied, "On the wedding day, maybe?"

"Are you serious? So you never planned for us to get to meet and know her before the ceremony?" Jaehwan asked, faking to be hurt and pretended to be offended.

"You know Jinyoung, we want to know if this girl you proposed to is suitable for you and that if she's deserving to be holding the surname of Bae!" Sungwoon stated.

"Not only that, but to also make sure she's a high quality wife material, she better know how to clean and cook well," Minhyun agreed.

"Yurin-ssi should also be open-minded and an understanding person, to avoid any arguments between you two in the future," Seongwoo added to their thread.

"Your hyungs are right, especially since you're marrying at such a young age and that you're going to face a lot of issues," Daniel finished his advice, "But always remember you're free to come up to us for any problems."

"All of you are forgetting something," upon hearing this, all turned to Daehwi, "She better be extravagant enough to deserve the opportunity to replace me as Jinyoung-ie's soulmate."

"Aww!" coos came from everyone, while a chuckle escaped from Jinyoung as he hugged Daehwi who's beside him.

"Eww." that's when the glares came catapulting into Woojin, "I was kidding! That was adorable! I guess?"

Everyone ignored him when he audibly whispered to Jihoon, "Was that adorable?", earning him a push and a, "If you don't let me study in peace, Park Woojin, you will not hear the end of it."

"Don't mind Woojin-hyung, everyone! I was joking as well," Daehwi laughed, "Of course I'm happy for Jinyoung! Yurin-ssi seems like a great person."

"And since we think so, we should get to meet her, maybe tomorrow?" Guanlin suggested, earning considerate glances from his hyungs. Well, all except Jinyoung.

"Honestly, just drop it, Yurin is special," Jinyoung assured, "You'll get to meet her at the wedding and that's final. She's the best girl there is,"

"Why don't you want us to meet her?" Jihoon asked, his smooth voice tainted with a little bit disappointment. Jinyoung just shook his head and winked at Jihoon as a response.

"Are we actually studying, even?" Minhyun asked jokingly, a laugh following afterwards. "Probably not, but we should," Guanlin giggled, quickly evolving into a laugh itself.

"I don't really think we would be laughing once we see our scores," Jihoon reminded, causing some of them to frown. Daniel sighed, "There goes Jihoon, the star student, yet again."

"Hey, aren't you the star student, Daniel?" Jihoon retorted, standing up from his chair. "Oh, right." came Daniel's lame reply and a satisfied Jihoon sat back down.

They all resumed studying, since they all know Jihoon was indeed correct; low marks wouldn't get them smiling in no time. And so the dining room was then filled with silence, occasional whispers would be heard asking about their lessons. At one point, Guanlin stood up to go to the bathroom, since he definitely seemed like he was enjoying his box of milk earlier.