vi.┃against time

"Calm down," Jihoon soothes, patting Daehwi's head. Jihoon has been trying to calm Daehwi down for the past few minutes, doing anything he can to distract the younger. By giving him the Jihoon Smile that girls swoon over, his signature wink, and even his iconic saved you in my heart aegyo.

Did anything work? No. Daehwi was still bouncing anxiously on his seat, occasionally tapping on the car window furiously. Jihoon eventually gave up, groaning in dismay and now much to Guanlin's, Jihoon started panicking too.

Guanlin is admittedly getting nervous as well. Time is ticking as the world goes on, but it seems that the traffic is stuck in this time loop. They had only about 15 minutes until the wedding starts, and they could have been there already if it weren't for the oh-so convinient traffic.

"It's fine, honey. If we don't make it, we still have Jinyoung to congratulate and the reception!" Mrs. Lee comforts, hugging her son with an obvious amount of affection.

"But mom," Daehwi whines, "They would be married by that time!"

"Isn't that what we're coming for, though?" Mrs. Lee asks.

The three boys may or may not have felt guilty. Their plan was to attend one of their best friends' wedding, but how come their plan changed to crashing it?

Daehwi shook the thought out of his head quickly, however. He had Jinyoung to himself for the past few years, he can't help but to be selfish. At the same time, Jinyoung did want this, right? Right.

Daehwi worriedly shifts his gaze into the sky. The sun was setting, and he now has 13 minutes left.

Just suddenly, an idea appeared in his mind. Desperate, but an idea nonetheless.

Would he actually dare?

-

"Where are they?" Jisung asks, starting to get a wave of anxiety himself, "Is traffic on the highway that bad?"

Jinyoung didn't even bother to reply, his stomach was aching and he feels incredibly nauseous. They're already in the church, and he was so giddy and jumpy at seeing Daehwi today at the venue. But 11 minutes left, where the actual hell are they?

"Jinyoung, prepare. You're about to walk in the aisle." his dad smiles to him, pats his shoulder, then leaves to go to his own position.

"Relax! Walk like the model material that you are," Seongwoo jokes, getting a snort from Daniel.

"Yeah, work the aisle, little bro." Daniel smiles to him, paired with shooting guns. The rest laughs and leaves Jinyoung as they're about to walk the aisle too.

Jinyoung takes a deep breath and started to accept the truth. Daehwi will not make it.

He stands up and exits out from the from the church doors, readying himself for his walk.

-

7 minutes.

Daehwi is about to cry.

He'll throw up if he could and has no shame and pity for the Lai Family's car. Daehwi's head is starting to get dizzy and he swears that he could almost collapse.

"I-I can't take this anymore!" he shouts.

Daehwi starts begging Sir Jinsoo to unlock the car doors, and the driver wastes no time in doing so. Just then, Daehwi opened the one on his side.