Chapter 18 - Part 2: The Forest

Start from the beginning

"Saw yourself.... falling?" He echoed. Clearly, he was giving a shit ton of serious thought into it, much to my displeasure. But, at least he didn't push it.

Petra came up to me, still holding her phone. "We called a teacher we know well to come pick you up (Y/N). The rest of us are going with taxi, cramped with all the stuff."

Beside me, Levi shifted his position. "I'm going with (Y/N). It's not exactly in my best fucking interest to be in a taxi where I can't even breath."

Petra opened her mouth to protest, but then Erwin and Hanji appeared beside her, speaking up before she could. "That's a good idea Levi. Plus, it's better for (Y/N) to have someone accompanying her," Erwin said, sounding more like a command.

The strawberry-blonde girl closed her mouth, and nodded reluctantly. Shit, this is kinda bad. Why did Levi have to suggest that? And why the heck out of all people it had to be Levi?

I glanced at him, my mind whirling with questions. Levi caught me staring, his steel blue orbs meeting my (e/c) ones. Unsaid words shone in his eyes and he looked away, returning his gaze to the three people in front of us.

"You guys go ahead, me and (Y/N) will wait," Levi ordered, his voice toneless. "The party needs to be prepared."

They all nodded in agreement and walked away. Petra hesitated to follow, glancing back at us one last time before joining Hanji and Erwin.

I frowned, why did Levi send them away?

The raven man beside me quickly took out his phone andstarted texting someone quickly. A few minutes passed by, and the person replied, and Levi shoved his phone in his pocket again. He stood up and offered a hand to me.

What?

His eyes glinted in the lights. "(Y/N), how do you feel about running?"

"Running?"

***

Levi trekked at the edge of the walkway, slipping around bushes and trees until we legit, arrived in a forest.

"What the hell are we doing here?" I asked, looking around. I don't remember the way out.

"I asked if you'd run with me," Levi replied with a shrug, walking forward with a steady pace.

"I didn't think we'd go to the woods to run." My blood boiled with annoyance and discomfort to the fact I was litteraly helpless here.

Levi rolled his eyes, stopping by a tree. "What? You'd rather run in the heat of the day, on concrete ground mashed with a shit ton of people?"

"I didn't--"

He cut me off. "Or would you rather run in the woods, where the leaves of giant ass trees cover us from the sun, and provides us with everlasting oxygen. The craking of twigs, branches and grass as you run as fast as the wind, becoming one with the beauty of nature. The feeling of freedom, like you can do anything, can be anything."

Holy shit I didn't expect him to go all fucking poetic on this.

Levi raised his head, meeting the small streams of light that fell through the trees. A soft breeze picked up, swaying his hair in rhythm, his eyes closed and completely relaxed.

I softened my gaze. He really likes being in natural places, doesn't he?

"Lead the way," I murmured, my voice flying with the wind. The raven turned to me, his gaze soft, almost.... happy?