57. Lighting the kindle

Start from the beginning

"What do you mean? Fon-nii is someone I really like!"

"You only liked him because he was there at your weakest." She sighs at me "don't confuse admiration with Loving a person."

"I don—"

"Yes, you do. You may not realize it but there's someone out there who would go on rampage if he see you injured"

"There isn't a single person I could think of who'd go on a rampage."

"But there is. Your mind is just in denial because you think your heart  belong to Fon" Fuyumi giggles me, playing with the lotus petal "I wish I could be able to talk to you more  but I'm only here to remove that thing on you neck."

The raven teen then pluck a petal from the lotus flower and crushes the petal in her hand, purple flame slowly starts to emit in her hand forming a key. She gave me a cheeky smile as she got closer to me in a blink of and eye, holding my chains and unlocks the rusty metal that was restraining my neck.

My surroundings turned had turn from day to night, as star polluted the skies, the number of lotus flowers grew even further. I look at Fuyumi who's stares warmly at me, her hands in her back.

"You have beautiful flames." She spoke gently.

Flames? What flame?

My gaze then went to my to the ground, several rainbow flame blaze to the ground. The flame went from green, red, blue, yellow and purple, but no signs of sky flames.

 The flame went from green, red, blue, yellow and purple, but no signs of sky flames

Then the lightning flame soon faded, followed by the sun. Rain, cloud and mist flame remaining. I watch the cloud flame get eaten by mist, all it was left was mist and rain.

"I suppose, Mukuro's flame had a bigger influence in rekindling you're flames." Fuyumi sighs, watching my flame form into one.

"But this isn't exactly mist flame either" I look at Fuyumi, then back to my own flame. There was small tint colour of rain flame in the inner part, while the colour of mist took most of it flame.

"That's because you still hasn't found your resolve" Fuyumi spoke, unlike me, she has a better grasp of her own resolve as she demonstrate her flame "For example, my resolve is that freeze everything that gets in my way"

"What the actual heck?! Snow flames are extremely rare! How come you get to have that!?" I rage, how Fuyumi has a rare flame and I got mist.

"Well, maybe it's because I'm dead?" She joked.

"You're technically me, no?"

"Nope, you only have my memories. I'm only your subconscious." She looks at the stars "though, if you think you're deeply in trouble, I will handle the situation from there."

"Fuyumi..." I whisper her name, as she looks at me with such an unreadable face.

A gust of wind came, I stumble a bit while Fuyumi remained unfazed at all. As if it was like a soft breeze.

"My task is done, I've released the last seal." She then smiles at me, but I could barely see it due to the gust "I can't let you stay here any longer or something bad may happen."

(I can't find the artist ;;)

"Wait! I need to ask you—"

"You'll be fine without me, Elias. You have reliable friends." 

At this point I couldn't even move, since the wind had paralyze my movement.

"Rely on your friends, Elias. It's something in the past I've failed to do."

Fuyumi waves at me as the gust have completely blew me away, I closed my eyes, and I felt a light tug on my back, as if I was pulled away by an unknown force.

_______

Vote Comment and Enjoy!

-Neku-