Chapter Twenty Two ~ Boy were we wrong......

Start from the beginning

“You know what?” I mumbled against his lips still.

“What?” he mumbled back.

“I still want blueberry pancakes,” I said. He chuckled and kissed me harder briefly and then pulled away and lifted himself off the bed. I took the time to admire his beauty. His utterly gorgeous and god-like body glowing in the early rays of the sun as he stood in front of our bed in a pair of dark plaid pajama pants. He turned back to face me, twisting his blue T-shirt slightly in his hands.

“Like what you see, babe?” he chuckled.

“Mm,” I purred lightly. “Very much so.” He chuckled again and put his shirt on, hiding his delicious eight pack. I pouted which made him full on laugh.

“Come on baby, let’s get you some food, yeah?” he asked. He came over to me, took my hand, and lifted me from the bed and right into his rock, hard chest. He chuckled yet again and lifted me so I had to wrap my legs around his waist to stay up.

I giggled and looked into his eyes and saw love and happiness shinning in them.  He smiled back and pecked my lips softly. He walked out of our room with me still wrapped around him, and down to the kitchen where Brant and Gram were talking and being all lovey dovey.

“Hey guys,” Brant greeted from Gram’s lap.

“Hi,” I greeted in a giggle as Jace set me down on the counter next to the stove and nipped lightly at the area above my mark, where my scar was. (A/N: If you don’t remember her ‘father’ (bastard) gave her a scar over her mark. Re-read chapter 18)

He gave me a quick sad glance before he covered it up and began making my pancakes.

“How’ve y’all been?” Brant asked leaning against his mate.

“We’ve been good. Better now that the bastard is locked up in the cells,” Jace replied mixing the batter in a large bowl. “And y’all?”

“We’ve been just fine,” Gram purred softly kissing Brant’s neck. Brant closed his eyes and shivered at his mate’s actions. I giggled. Jace had the exact same effect on me.

Jace lifted his head and smiled at me. I smiled back and rested my head on his shoulder, still facing them. Blake and Lalia came in shortly after, along whit everyone else. 

“Morning everyone,” Austin greeted as he sat at the large table in the middle of the kitchen. He, Lane, and Billy all sat next to each other goofing off while Chris sat across from them with his mate Lilly in his lap. Cole and Sammy were sitting next to each other but Sammy had her head leaning on him and Cole had his arms wrapped around her securely. (A/N: Re-read chapter 5)

“Hi, Lilly. Hi Lalia. Hi Sammy,” I waved.

“Hey,” they replied in unison. Sammy suddenly shot up in her mate’s arms and squealed.

“Oh my god!” she yelled.