010 - roundabout

Word Count: 1,376

Tags: Pining, Unresolved Sexual Tension, kind of?? idk??, Friends to Lovers, again i guess??, Ambiguous/Open Ending

Prompt: And if you're taking requests, can I ask for one from that moment of them in a fan sign in which jackson approaches jaebum then he approaches too and a kiss almost happens? Something with unresolved sexual tension (or being solved after hahahahaha)

////////////////////

Jackson had a thing about him that made Jaebum's heart leap. He was loud, loud and loud. But he was also quiet sometimes, when he had to be and when his tiredness caught up to him and made him be. Jaebum always felt sorry when he'd come back from a solo schedule looking tired, but always with a smile. Jaebum would apologize and Jackson would tell him it was fine, nothing to be sorry for because he was doing it for them, for all of them. Jaebum would make him his organic tea and would lie down with him on the couch until he either fell asleep or whined about wanting to go to bed.

Jaebum always had to stop himself from thinking of how he wanted to take the younger to bed.

And that was the thing. Jackson seemed to be oblivious, but at the same time aware of how much he riled Jaebum up. He was oblivious of how in the sense of not knowing how much Jaebum wanted to shut him up by pressing him into the wall and kissing him breathless until he couldn't think of any sassy remark to say. He was aware, though, that Jaebum got riled up in the sense that he would get annoyed or irritated when they'd playfully argue and throw insults back and forth between the two of them; would smirk and just keep talking until Jaebum would pin him down and tickle him until he couldn't breathe.

Right now, right now, Jaebum almost lost any sense of control he had as Jackson playfully slammed his water bottle on the table and stepped into his personal space. His eyes danced with mirth as he bit at his lips and got closer as well, silently sizing the smaller man up challengingly, knowing Jackson was bound to back down. He always backed down, never really challenged and always teased. He was such a fucking tease.

Jaebum discreetly lets his eyes fall to the Chinese male's mouth, following the motion of his tongue as it pokes out to lick at his lips. He follows after Jackson, turns his body the way Jackson turns his and almost lets his hands reach for him, but then the younger is laughing and pulling away making Jaebum smile immediately as if he wasn't just about to reach for him and kiss him senseless. Jaebum can't help when he lets his eyes fall over his mouth again as he turns his back to the fans, lips parting when Jackson smiles and his laughter rings in the air.

It's torturous, the way the younger smiles and laughs as if Jaebum wasn't thinking of bending him over the table and taking him then and there.

--

Jaebum makes a decision. He looks at Jackson and touches his arm, fingers curling around his bicep and squeezing. Jackson stutters where he's sat between Jaebum and Youngjae in the van on their way back home, words catching in his throat as he turns to stare at Jaebum with confused eyes. His cheeks have tinged pink though, lips wet as he runs his tongue over them again and blinks at Jaebum with his big brown eyes. He opens his mouth to say something, makes a little noise in question when Jaebum lets his hand glide down his arm until he reaches his hand, his fingers curling around his wrist so he can lift it and tangle their fingers together.