e i g h t e e n

The next morning both Eira and Ivar woke up thinking about each other. 

Ivar wanted to go and look for her. No matter how his body was doing, that was the only thing that bothered his mind. He needed her. He wanted to be there for her when she finally kills the Jarl. She made him happier and that was something he didn't believe in for a long time. 

Eira, on the other hand, felt as if she was cursed. Ivar was the poor man that got into her way which may have cost him his life as far as she knew. 

"Come on!" Ivar yelled at himself, mad. 

"What is going on?" Ubbe came in running. 

"What do you think?" 

"You don't want to go out there to look for her, right?" 

Ivar gave him a look that said it all. Screw you, I'm going. 

"I need to,-" he paused, "we need to go and help her." 

"Why should we? She can take care of herself and it's her revenge, not ours," Ubbe studied Ivar's facial expressions. 

"Why should we? We have to!" Ivar was doing gestures with his hands to ventilate his feelings.  Ubbe raised his eyebrows. "Why is that?" He wanted to make Ivar say it. He wanted to hear it coming out of his mouth. 

"Because it's her!" Ivar was yelling and Ubbe was calm as ever. He wanted to smirk but he kept his cool to not mess this situation before the big finale. 

"So what? It's just a girl," he pushed more. 

"No! It's Eira!" the veins on Ivar's neck were almost popping out. Without realizing it, he was already sitting, not feeling the pain in his stomach. 

"So?" 

"It's my girl!" once he said it, it was out there. He admitted it. Ivar's eyes widen in shock because he let it slip between his lips. Until that moment he didn't want to believe it because that would in his mind make him weaker, more vulnerable. 

Ubbe couldn't help it but smirk appeared on his face. Ivar noticed immediately, reached for his little blade and threw it at Ubbe. It scratched his ear, Ubbe couldn't even react. 

"You didn't hear anything!" Ivar murmured between his teeth. His face stone cold, eyes glued on Ubbe. 

His brother touched the bleeding ear. "What the hell?!" 

"You-won't-say-a-word," Ivar said slowly, emphasizing each word. 

Ubbe didn't respond, instead, he turned around to pull the blade out of the wall behind him. He made his way to Ivar's bed. 

"I won't but you have to tell me something." 

Ivar's eyebrow went up. "What?" 

"Do you love her?" 

***

this one is short on purpose!