f o u r t e e n

The wind blew through the trees causing them to rustle. It was the only sound surrounding Eira as she was slowly sneaking deeper into the forest. Her heart was at the bottom of her stomach from the feeling she knew well enough. He watched her like a trophy he's about to win.

Though this time she was prepared and stronger than ever. The idea of what she will do to him was driving her forward. In her hands were hidden little blades thrilling to get bloody.

She almost reached the middle of the forest. There were only a few sunbeams that managed to get to the ground through the amounts of leaves on the trees. The silence was interrupted by a noise from somewhere around her. It couldn't be Ivar, Ubbe nor few of their men. They all been hiding further, watching.

It was Ubbe's idea which Ivar didn't like but he adapted to it quickly because Eira didn't give him the option of deciding. Eira needed it to be done her way and Ivar understood completely.

They were counting that the Berserker was following Eira, watching her from a distance so Eira went to the river for some water to draw some attention from him to herself. Meanwhile, Ubbe and Ivar told about the plan to Floki who wanted to be a part of this because he was so excited to see the bloodshed and he felt sorry for Eira. He saw that little girl in her fading away, changing into a shieldmaiden. Fierce and dangerous.

While Eira was by the river, all the men left to the forest to hide. Eira became annoyed by a minute because she hated to be played. She didn't want to be the prey anymore, she wanted to be the hunter.

Deep breath in and out.

*"Kom og dræb mig!" she yelled as loud as she could with her voice getting raspy.

From out of nowhere an arrow appeared flying straight towards her. Her reflexes were faster than she thought or maybe it was the adrenaline filling her bloodstream. She made a slight movement with her head to the side, so the arrow just flew inches away from her head.

"Come out and fight!" her voice wasn't as loud as the first time but the strength of it didn't change.

"You coward!" she added, trying to provoke him.

"Or are you afraid of a girl?!" she spat out, the blades in her hands ready for some action.

Right between two huge trees a silhouette of a big man appeared. His right hand was holding a bow, which he a few seconds later dropped. He began to walk slowly towards Eira. She did the same. Both of them were accelerating until they were running towards each other. He pulled out a sword, Eira was just holding her blades. She was confident enough to not be afraid of his sword. They were closer and closer.

Three... two... one...

Eira instead of stopping in front of him, turned right towards the big tree trunk, running full speed. As fast as she was, she bounced off it, kicking the side of his head, landing on the ground. He couldn't prevent this, his hand only trying to swing the sword. He fell to the ground, his head spinning.

Eira stepped on his hand, making him let go of the sword. She kicked the sword away, so he wouldn't reach it. While she was still standing on his hand, his other hand grabbed her ankle, causing her to lose the balance and eventually falling.

He was still shaken from the hit, but he tried to stand up, get a steady position. Eira couldn't breathe because her back hit a rock. She was still lying in the grass, trying to get some air in her lungs.

Ivar was watching it from the distance, the knuckles on his hands getting whiter and whiter while his fists were so uptight no one could have opened them. "Get up," he whispered, ready to give an order to his men. It was almost like she heard him. Eira did a kick up, getting immediately in the standing position, ready for round two.

The Berserker took out a butcher-like knife. It was way bigger from Eira's but she didn't mind. Her knife was so far resting behind her belt. Her blades were still in her hands, ready to attack. She put her left hand in front of her face, her blade pointing at him. Her right hand was lower on her hip.

The Berserker was eager and attacked first. His knife went for Eira's neck, which she managed to block with her left hand, wrapping her hand around his, locking it under her arm. Her other hand quickly pointed the blade out, stabbing fast his arm. 

The sound of a knife edge hitting the ground. 

She felt a satisfaction of some kind but not for long because her face collided with his fist. Blood splattered from her mouth. She lost her grip, almost losing her balance once again. She pierced him with a glance full of rage. He was holding his arm, which was uncontrollably bleeding. Eira wiped her mouth with a sleeve and then spat out the blood.

She was going through the options she had in her head. She didn't want to kill him yet. She was longing for his suffering. The plan already gathered up in her head.

*"Come and kill me!"

ps: I'm sorry if it doesn't make much sense. I suck at writing fight scenes. Also, thanks for reading and voting!