I don't look at Nora as I see her sit down on the opposite couch again, just like earlier.

"We had so much fun." She smirks while smiling up at the ceiling as if she's thinking back of it.

"I didn't ask." I say through gritted teeth.

"Don't care." She cooes while picking at her nails with a big smirk. Her personality just makes her ugly. 

Before I can make a rude remark, Zayn enters with a glass of water and the medication. I thank him as he hands them to me and I take in the pill. 

Eventhough sickness gives me many problems, the biggest problem right now is the eggplant on the couch opposite of me.

But maybe being jealous in this situation isn't necesarry. Zayn'd still choose me over her. I hope.

"I had so much fun today, Zayn." Nora says while giving him a flirty smile and twirling a strand of hair around her finger.

"Sure, you did." I mutter under my breath. Zayn gives me a stern gaze and I roll my eyes at how typical this is. Now his ears decide to work.

Why is he defending her? We're together for a day and this girl isn't helping us at all. 

"I can't wait to spend the rest of the summer together." She giggles causing my eyes to nearly bulge out of their sockets and my jaw nearly drops to the floor.

No, she isn't. This can't be true. She'd stay the rest of the summer? That's like another twenty-three days. I look at Zayn in disbelief, she must be joking.

He sees my reaction and gives me an awkward and apologetic smile. This is so unfair. Everytime something goes right for me, another thing has to ruin it. 

I abruptly stand up ignoring the dizzy feeling it gives me. I ignore Zayn and go straight up to my room not wanting to deal with this anymore. I'd rather stay twenty-three days in my room, than having to deal with her everyday. I'd find a way to take care of the girls without crossing the two of them.

I fall onto my bed, face first in the pillow.

It takes only a minute before my door is being opened and I don't have to look up to know it's Zayn. I feel him sit down on the edge of my bed, a deep sigh leaving from between his lips. He better not play the victim here. 

"What did Nora do to you that you hate her so much?" He asks seriously. I look up from my pillow furrowing both my eyebrows as I let out a sarcastic laugh. 

"Are you serious?" I scoff at him. He frowns slightly while shaking his head.

"Is it because you're jealous?" Zayn asks obvious to the whole situation. This boy must be blind.

"Damnit, Zayn! She's still in love with you! She told me that no matter what she'll get you back. And after all, the fact that you two act like a couple doesn't help at all. How am I not supposed to be jealous when you're acting as if she's girlfriend?" 

He looks a bit taken a back by my outburst. Just when I think he had finally seen the light, his expression turns mad.

"Abigale, this is pathetic. You can dislike someone, but making up lies to get them to leave is just not done." His voice is low and it almost sounds like a warning. 

He did not just say that to me.

"You're so naïve, Zayn. I want you to leave me alone if you chose her side." I try to sound calm and self-assured, but inside I'm screaming at him for not believing me and begging to chose my side.

He seems to be deep in thought as he's staring at the sheets next to him, not looking me in the eye. He's clearly doubting about his next words. 

"It's my house." He silently mutters. My mouth falls agape as I scramble out of the bed. I feel sick and terrible and all I want to do is lay in my bed, but I'm not letting him treat me like this. 

"I'm going home than. Have fun with her." I tell him as I walk towards my closet and start to gather some clothes to take home with me. Almost everything I own is here. 

I don't hear anything and it makes me worry about him not caring that I'm leaving, but not so much later I feel two muscular arms wrap around my waist. His head snuggles in the crook of my neck as a small sigh leaves from between his lips.

"I don't want you to leave, baby." He says silently. It's so hard to not turn around and hug him back, but my stubborn won't let me.

"I can't live like this, it's either her or me." I state selfishly. I knew this is cruel, but I really can't do this if Zayn would act like that with her the whole time. It'd look as if I were the third wheel everytime we'd go out. I hate Nora with every part of my being eventhough I didn't know her. But in these few hours I had the chance to, she had shown me her true colours many times. 

"I'm not going to choose between you two." He says taking a step back and walking over to the couch in my bedroom. I want him to hug me again like that, but than I'd be weak. I turn around and narrowed my eyes at him.

"I know enough."

We're just together and then she had to come along. Maybe it was meant to be, maybe someone up there is trying to show me something. I'm pissed at him for not wanting to choose and letting her come between us already. 

"No. You're staying." He demands. I raise my eyebrows and cross my arms over my chest. Who does he think that he is? 

"Zayn, maybe we aren't meant to be together." I trail off as Zayn his eyes widen at my words. Maybe this will wake him up. 

"Abigale-"

"No Zayn, this was a bad idea. You're even choosing that girl above me. I can't do this. I'm sorry." My voice cracks at the end as tears well up in my eyes. But I won't cry here in front of him. I've done that enough times already. 

"But, I love you." Zayn stutters looking at me like a lost puppy now. I want to walk over to him and hug him but I can't. I have to stand my ground.

"I love you too. But I'm going to quit this job. Sorry." I quickly wipe away the tear threatening to roll onto my cheek. I fiddle with my hands nervously while looking down, waiting for his reaction. To my surprise it stays silent and I turn back around to continue packing my things. Silence is also an answer. It's not what I had expected. 

When he suddenly runs out of my room, shock washes over me. I thought he'd at least make an effort to make me stay and make me feel better. But I was wrong and he was gone.

»»»  

VOTE if you think Zayn should pick Abigale above the eggplant