Chapter 10

ABIGALE

I keep riding the horse until I can't recognize my surroundings anymore. I don't get why he has to be like that. What did I do wrong? Why did he hate me? All the question soar through my head making me groan in frustration.

I climb off the horse and decide to go for a little walk to calm down. I took the check in my hand and start walking with the horse following behind. I feel tears stream down my face. Zayn kissed me and was rude after that. He had kissed me again and then got even ruder. How is this possible?

I don't deserve this. I angrily tug my hair at its roots, feeling all frustrations build and build up in me. Maybe I should quit, for my own sake. For my mental health. Working in these circumstances are hell and I shouldn't put myself through it. But on the other side I feel something strange when I'm around him. Something I've never felt before. A pleasant and excited feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I tie the horse up to a tree as I take in my surroundings. In front is me is an open field. I saunter to the middle of it and sit down enjoying the sun shining on my face. As I hug my knees to my chest I feel the tears welling up again. They silently slip onto my cheeks.

"Everything alright?" An unknown voice suddenly startles me. I look up to see a tall blonde boy staring down at me with curious eyes. He's wearing a pair of jeans with a white T-shirt. He's handsome. I curse myself for looking like a mess.

"No." I whisper as an answer. Eventhough I don't know him, I feel like I can trust him. He doesn't look like the type to abduct me. 

"Maybe if you tell me what happened I can help?" He insists now sitting down next to me. I sigh deeply thinking about his offer.

"It's complicated."

"I know how to handle complicated situations. I've got three sisters. I'm dealing with these situations on a daily basis." He chuckles while rubbing the back of his neck.

I smile for a split second, but then frown again. I can't tell him everything without knowing him.

"I don't even know your name." I sigh again, meeting his eyes. I like his company, I need it right now.

"I'm is Aron." He introduces himself with a small smile playing on his lips. I notice how blue his eyes are when illuminated even more by the sun.

"Abigale." I say back.

"So Abigale, do you want to talk about it?" He asks carefully glancing my way. I stare blankly into the woods in front of me thinking about my options.

"Is it a boy problem?" He asks again, trying to get it out of me. It's pretty obvious that he lives with a bunch of females.

"Maybe." I murmur while I keep staring into nothing.

"Maybe I can help you." He insists while laying down in the grass with his hands behind his head. For only knowing me a few seconds, Aron is really sweet.

The sun is shining brightly in this field. It makes me think of the movie Twilight. It looks alike.

"Well it started when my mum died and me and my dad stayed alone. He became an alcoholic and our money was streaming away. Now we're living in a little house. I just finished high school and now I'm working as a nanny. The boy who lives in the house where I'm the nanny, well he kissed me twice but after he seemed to regret it as he worked his bad mood out on me. A few minutes ago I asked him about it and he said that it didn't meant anything to him. Something in me says that I have to leave because I can't work with someone who acts like this, don't you think?" I explain rather fast spilling out the words without thinking twice about it. I feel better after this to be honest.

He looks at me and opened his mouth to talk but then closed it again. He seems at loss for words.

"Do you love him?" He asks surprising me with this question. I turn my head facing him also.

"I can't love someone who treats me like this. That's impossible." I say frowning.

He chuckles. "You definitely feel something, but maybe it is just the beginning and your still a little bit confused. It'll become clear, trust me." He says calmly. I nodd looking away once again. His advice is good to be honest, he definitely has experience.

He gives me a paper from his wallet with a number scrabbled onto it.

"Good, but now I've got to go. My mum is probably waiting. Here's my number if you need more advice. Can I get yours?" He adds a wink at the end as a sly smile appears on his lips. I nod and give him my number.

"I always come here when I'm sad or mad or just have to be alone. It's perfect for that here." He's right.

I smile at him and he waved before riding away on his bicycle before I could ask him why he came here. He didn't look upset.

I looked around and decided it's time to start going. I stand up just when voices were heard calling out my name.

"ABIGALE! ABIGALE!"

I look around, but I see no one. Probably because all the trees are so closely next to each other restricting me from seeing them.

I somehow recognize the voices. "Waliyha? Safaa?"  I yelled back.

"Here!"

Where are their voices coming from? I ran towards the horse taking the checks from around the tree and climb on it. I urge the horse on towards the sound and than some further I see two horses coming near. I recognise Waliyha and Safaa sitting on them.

When I drive towards them I try to wipe the tearstains away and keep the trail in mind for if I wanted to come here again.

"She's right there!" Safaa says to Waliyha pointing towards me. I galloped towards them and when we reach each other we both climbed of the horses and they practically jump on me hugging me tightly.

"We were afraid you were gone. Never do that again." Safaa says sounding awfully mature for her age. It also amazes me how good she is at riding her pony. If Mrs. Malik would have seen the two of them go on the horses alone she'd be pissed.

"What happened?" Waliyha asks while standing up and extendh a hand so I could do the same. Because of their wild hug I kind of landed on the floor pulling them with me.

"Nothing to worry about." I reply waving my hand as if to wave the topic away. They look at each other for a moment, but then decide to leave it alone. I'm thankful for that.

"Lets go home." Waliyha suggests walking to her horse and climbing on it again.

"Yeah that would be best."

Safaa and I also climb on our horses and next to each other we let the animals walk in a lazy speed. We didn't talk much anymore. I'm just thinking about how Zayn didn't search and probably was home don't caring about what could've happened to me. I couldn't ignore the pain I felt just by thinking that.

"Who's last home is a sissy!" Safaa yelled as he kicked the horse a few times at the side making it run faster. Waliyha and I started chasing her. Today I figured out riding a horse was good to forget about everything. The wind in your hair giving you a fresh feeling and the adrealine made me feel alive.

Just like I thought I ended up last and Safaa was calling me a 'sissy'. We placed the horses in their stables and walked inside. Safaa was holding my hand the whole time, catching me a bit by surprise.

Why would people write rude things about them anyway? They were so sweet, yeah, Waliyha maybe has some walls build around her, but I already see them crumbling down. Zayn, on the other hand, was just like they made him out to be.. a rich prick.

Maybe I should trust on Aaron and wait until everything gets clear. Something in me screamed that things won't get clear and he'd always act like this. Dissapointment flood trough me which made me shiver, was I really falling for Zayn Malik?